Hi Everyone –
Warm greetings and blessings to you all!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
It’s July, and here in Vancouver, long hot summer days have been the norm, calling me to relax and move more slowly… And so I shall! This month, I’ll give you TWO months’ worth of information and take the month of August “off” from my newsletter duties.
With this in mind, I offer you this video – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jedd2FiZTqM – a beautiful little film that reminds me how important it is to let go and not hold on so tightly. May it inspire you as deeply as it inspires me. (If you have suggestions for inspirational media to include in a future newsletter, please drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Here are my highlights from the last month or so:
– Celebrating the Summer Solstice by performing with Jerry DesVoignes & The MantraVani orchestra. THANKS, Jerry, for the joy and beauty of making music with you!
– Supporting the Vancouver Parents Transition Group by performing at their Special Grad celebration / Caregiver Social evening. It was a pleasure to bring smiles to so many faces with both my music making and with my iPhone and its set list of sure-fire dance hits. THANKS to Randy Grossman of Harmonizing with Humanity for introducing me to Rachelle Czerwinski and this organization – it felt great to serve my local community. 🙂
– Getting “back in the saddle” with The Euphorics and filling St. Stephen’s Anglican Church (in West Vancouver) with the sound of our voices. THANKS, gang – together, we’re a force to be reckoned with!
– Performing at a private House Concert for Mike & Mary Maughan and some of their closest friends on their rooftop patio on a PERFECT summer evening. THANKS, Mike and Mary – the food, the company and the setting were absolutely MAGICAL. 🙂
– Performing on sunny days on several outdoor stages with my buddies in The Hitmen. THANKS guys, for the pleasure of making such fun music with you, and a BIG welcome to Alita Dupray, our new female singer!
– It’s officlal! The Euphorics and I WILL be performing at concerts in Seoul, Korea from July 22-29!
– August is FULL of fun events, both indoor AND outdoor; for details, please give my calendar a good look. I’m especially excited to be performing at the Harmony Arts Festival on August 8th (THIS year, on my NS Stick!), to be hosting a House Concert on August 16th with my friend Nancy Ruth (www.nancyruth.com), and to be one of the performers at the Circle of Love Gathering in Kelowna August 17th to 20th.
– For my late summer Eastern Canada “tour”, I’ll be in Dartmouth NS on September 6, Montreal QC on Septembert 8 and Kemptville ON on September 10. (Details are below.)
Here’s what my CALENDAR looks like in the next two months. I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events. (AND please remember that I welcome any and all opportunities to serve you with my music; just e-mail me with your ideas at email@example.com.)
22-29 – Seoul, Korea – Concerts with The Euphorics (a cappella quartet)
2, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living, White Rock (14600 North Bluff Road, Centennial Park, White Rock) – Church Service
5, 8:30 PM – Lulu’s Lounge (River Rock Casino, Richmond) – with Rachael Chatoor
6, 9:00 PM – Lulu’s Lounge (River Rock Casino, Richmond) – with Rachael Chatoor
7, 7:00-9:00 PM – Panorama Park, Deep Cove (North Vancouver) – with California Calling (Beach Boys tribute band)
8, 1:00-2:00 PM – Harmony Arts Festival (Park Royal Fountain Stage, Ambleside Landing, West Vancouver) – Solo concert (CANCELLED)
9, 11:00 AM – Spiritual Centre for Dynamic Living (H. R. MacMillan Space Centre, 1100 Chestnut Street, Vancouver) – Church Service
14, 7:00-9:00 PM – Lynn Valley Library Town Centre Plaza (North Vancouver) – with California Calling (Beach Boys tribute band)
16, 11:00 AM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver) – Church Service
16, 7:30 PM (doors open at 7:00 PM) – House Concert in Vancouver with Nancy Ruth (www.nancyruth.com) – $20. (Space is limited, so please RSVP with Nathen at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP to reserve a spot and to get details on the concert’s location.)
17-20 – Circle of Love Gathering in Kelowna, BC
21, 7:00-9:00 PM – Edgemont Village (North Vancouver) – with Blues Brothers Revue
24, 7:30-10:15 PM – PNE Beer Garden – with The Hitmen
6, 7:30 PM (doors open at 7:00 PM) – House Concert in Dartmouth, NS – $15/pay what you can. (Space is limited, so please RSVP with Catherine or Todd at email@example.com ASAP to reserve a spot and to get details on the concert’s location.)
8, 7:30 PM (doors open at 7:00 PM) – Concert at Padua Centre (1950 St. Antoine St. W) in Montreal, QC with special guests – $15/$10 for children under 18. (Space is limited, so please RSVP with Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP to reserve a spot.)
10, 6:30 PM (doors open at 6:00 PM) – House Concert in Kemptville, ON – $15/$10 for children under 18. (Space is limited, so please RSVP with Ellen at email@example.com ASAP to reserve a spot and to get details on the concert’s location.)
11 & 12, 9:30 PM – Lulu’s Lounge (River Rock Casino, Richmond) – with The Hitmen
NEW WEB SITE CONTENT
As well as updating the blogs and calendars on my web sites, I’ve:
– added a link to a new video of “More Than Enough” on my web site and on my MySpace page. (It’s also right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVPcMUkUeSo)
– added photos from the Vancouver Stick Seminar and from the Vancouver Parents Transition Group event to my web site and to my MySpace page.
Happy July and August, everyone. Go with love!
With love and gratitude,