Hi Everyone –
Warm greetings and blessings to you all!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
(I seem to be gravitating towards “double” newsletters; I was away for most of November, and will be away for most of January too. Hmm… Let’s see what unfolds in the months ahead… :-))
Life is getting VERY interesting for me these days. TRUST and SURRENDER are moving beyond being words in my mind and are becoming a living, breathing reality in my body. NOTICING – being with what is, without judgement – is too… My Virgo mind would love to be able to tell you WHY this is happening, AND I think that the best answer I can give you is that I’m now clearly stating my intentions and handing over the HOW of them to Mother/Father/God/Higher Consciousness/Love… Is what I’m feeling an answer to a prayer? I would say YES… Whatever the reason, I am MOST grateful for all that is unfolding in my life, and it is my intention to continue to SHOW UP, be as fully present in every moment as I can be, and to let go of the HOW…
With this in mind, I offer you a quote and a video. First, the quote (from Abraham, through Esther Hicks): “In your action, you lose sight of the vision; you lose sight of your trust in the process, and you just bang around in a sense of futility. Hold the vision and trust that the Universe will acclimate to your vision. Hold the vision and trust the process.” Second, the video: http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html – an invitation for us all to keep showing up. May they both inspire you as deeply as they inspire me. (THANKS to my dear friends Monika Becker, for the quote, and Zoey Wren, for the video. If YOU have suggestions for inspirational media to share in a future newsletter, please drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Here are my highlights from the last month or so:
– Performing at THREE new churches – CSL Kamloops, Symphony of Life (Ojai, CA), and CSL Edmonton – and returning to Unity of Nanaimo to musically support author and guest speaker Aman Motwane. (SO happy to be with you again, Aman!) My heartfelt THANKS to the ministers, music directors, musicians, sound technicians and congregations at each of these communities – it’s an honour and a pleasure to serve you, to be so warmly received by you, and to be building relationships with you. 🙂
– Performing three Elvis classics (“All Shook Up”, “Love Me Tender” and “Hound Dog”) in “Sentimental Journey” (a fundraiser for the Spiritual Centre for Dynamic Living). It was SO much fun to see the surprised look on the faces of those who only know my gentler Sunday morning musical identity! THANKS to Barb Brolly for ALL of the effort that she put into making this show such a success. 🙂
– Touring CA with The Euphorics. There’s something magical about four people singing together with open hearts. THANKS, gang, for all that you teach me on AND off stage. 🙂
– Performing at my dear friend Zoey Wren’s “Make Me A River” CD release party. THANKS, dear Zoey, for shining your light SO brightly that night, and for the honour and pleasure of making YOUR music with you. 🙂
– Performing solo at St. Paul’s Labyrinth. What a treat it was to sing and play from my heart for TWO HOURS on my own! AND, somewhere in the middle of the experience, I had an “AHA” moment: that THIS is what my next CD will sound like – !!! THANKS to all at St. Paul’s for the opportunity and for the inspiration. 🙂
– As I continue to “plant seeds” and make new friends everywhere I go, I’m getting more and more invitations to travel. Next stops: Orlando, Florida (Unity Church of Christianity, Jan. 17, and the Posi Awards, Jan. 18-20) and a return trip to Victoria (Jan. 24). (Details below.)
– On the home front: I’ll be accompanying Amir for a night of Universal Kirtan (Dec. 5, details below), and Janet Warren & the Higher Ground Women’s Choir (Dec. 8, details below). Sandra Dawn, Shawn Soucy and I will be taking a break in December from our monthly Kirtan night, AND we’ll be back in the new year (Jan. 31, detail below.)
– SPECIAL EVENTS: It gives me great pleasure to announce that I’ll be performing at this year’s annual “Christmas In The Round” with Jerry DesVoignes and friends (Dec. 20, details below). Can’t wait to experience this event for myself! And please come and enjoy Unity of Vancouver’s magical Christmas Candelighting Service (Dec. 23, details below).
Here’s what my entire CALENDAR looks like in the next month or so. I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events. (AND please remember that I welcome any and all opportunities to serve you with my music; just e-mail me with your ideas at email@example.com.)
5, 8:00 PM – Yoga on 7th (156 East 7th Avenue, Vancouver) – Universal Kirtan (Chanting) with Amir
8, 8:00 PM – Highlands United Church (3255 Edgemont Boulevard, North Vancouver) – accompanying the Higher Ground Women’s Choir (a North Shore-based Vancouver ensemble directed by Janet Warren) in “The Child Within”, which explores the human experience from birth to adulthood within choral styles from classical to jazz. (Admission is by donation.)
20, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (14600 North Bluff Road, Centennial Park, White Rock) – Church Service
20, 7:30 PM (Doors open at 7:00) – St. Mark’s Anglican Church (1805 Larch Street @ West 2nd Avenue, Vancouver) – “Christmas In The Round” Winter Solstice Celebration with Jerry DesVoignes, Elio Rota, Sandra Dawn, Shawn Soucy and yours truly. Advance tickets $25, seniors $20; $30 at the door. (Tickets available at Banyen Books & Sound, HiLife Records, and Utopia Books & Gifts; for more info, visit www.healingvoices.net)
23, 7:30 PM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver) – Christmas Candlelighting Service
17, 9:15 AM and 11:00 AM – Unity Church of Christianity (4801 Clarcona Ocoee Road, Orlando FL) – Church Services
18-20 – Doubletree Resort (10100 International Drive, Orlando FL) – Posi Awards. (I’ll be performing at the “Pajama Jam” music showcases after Monday night’s Mega-PosiPalooza Concert.)
24, 10:30 AM – Unity Church of Victoria (Alix Goolden Hall, 907 Pandora Avenue, Victoria) – Church Service
27, 8:30 PM – Lulu’s Lounge, River Rock Casino (8811 River Road, Richmond) – with Rachael Chatoor
28, 9:00 PM – Lulu’s Lounge, River Rock Casino (8811 River Road, Richmond) – with Rachael Chatoor
29, 5:00-9:00 PM – Oakridge Senior Centre (513 – 650 West 41st Avenue, Vancouver) – Winter Potluck Social for the Vancouver Parents Transition Group (parents and caregivers of special needs children). For more info, please contact Rachelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
31, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (14600 North Bluff Road, Centennial Park, White Rock) – Church Service
31, 7:00-9:00 PM – Canadian Memorial United Church (corner of West 15th Avenue and Burrard Street, Vancouver) – Kirtan (Chanting) with Sandra Dawn and Shawn Soucy – $15/by donation.
NEW WEB SITE CONTENT
As well as updating the blogs and calendars on my web sites, I’ve:
– updated my “Bio/Praise/Press” page by listing all comments of praise by date (newest to oldest), and by adding some new comments (THANKS, Robyne, Ginette, Rev. Karen, Connie, Liane, Marlene, Lynn, Shelley and Kathy!).
– added photos from my trips to Edmonton, CA, and Kamloops to the “Photos” page on my web site and to my MySpace page.
Happy December and January, everyone. Go with love through this Holiday Season!
With love and gratitude,