Hi Everyone –
Warm greetings and blessings to you all!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
As I hold the intention to create more SIMPLICITY and SPACE in my life, new thoughts and new experiences are flowing into it. In April, I talked about EASE and GRACE; in May, I talked about FOCUS; in June, I talked about RISK-TAKING; and in July/August, I talked about ASKING FOR HELP. This month, it’s about SURRENDER.
September is here, and a new chapter of my life has begun. As I move completely into my calling of creating and performing music that inspires and heals, and surrender the “how” of that calling to Something Greater than “I” (God / Perfect Love), I’m finding that my life is unfolding with an ease and grace that I’ve never known, and that my heart is lighter than it’s ever been. YAY and AMEN!
With this in mind, I offer you this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wTgh0hAyFE&feature=relatedand these quotes as routes into YOUR exploration of SURRENDER:
When we know love matters more than anything, and we know that nothing else REALLY matters, we move into the state of surrender. Surrender does not diminish our power, it enhances it. – Sara Paddison
Surrender is faith that the power of Love can accomplish anything even when you cannot forsee the outcome. – Deepak Chopra
The creative process is a process of surrender, not control. – Julia Cameron
We can only learn to know ourselves and do what we can / namely, surrender our will and fulfill God’s will in us. – St. Teresa of Avila
If you surrender completely to the moments as they pass, you live more richly those moments. – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Better indeed is knowledge than mechanical practice. Better than knowledge is meditation. But better still is surrender of attachment to results, because there follows immediate peace. – Bhagavad Gita
Love conquers all things; let us too surrender to Love – Virgil
I will surrender. The power is too great to comprehend, for love always triumphs! So it is to you I surrender…and its truth shall be forever. – Rasa
The greatness of a man’s power is the measure of his surrender – William Booth
Self-interest is but the survival of the animal in us. Humanity only begins for man with self-surrender. – Henri Frederic Amiel
May this video and these quotes inspire you as deeply as they inspire me.
(THANKS to David Hawkins and to http://www.abundance-and-happiness.com/surrender-quotes.html for inspiring me to deepen MY exploration of SURRENDER. If YOU have suggestions for inspirational media to share in a future newsletter, or any thoughts or feelings that you’d like to share with me, please drop me a line at NathenAswell@Me.com – I’d love to hear from you.)
Here are my highlights from the last two months or so:
– Performing as a member of THE EUPHORICS (an a cappella quartet) at The Whistler Street Festival (Whistler, BC), The Silk Purse (West Vancouver, BC) and the Filberg Festival (Courtenay, BC). There’s a LOT of love in this group, and I think that we do a great job of sharing that with our audiences. THANKS, team!
– Performing at the HARMONY ARTS FESTIVAL (West Vancouver, BC). Nothing beats playing on an outdoor stage by the ocean on a beautiful sunny day! THANKS to all of you who came out to support me. 🙂
– Performing as a member of SOUL CO-OP (Pattie Weber, keyboards and vocals; Marcy Baruch, guitar and vocals; Rita Harrington, drums, guitar and vocals; and me on NS Stick and vocals) at the Spiritual Center for Positive Living (Cameron Park, CA). We sound SO good together and have SO much fun together that we’re now recording together! Stay tuned for more info about when our group CD will be available.
– Performing with my buddy MICHAEL MORALES at the first HOUSE CONCERT in his home (Snohomish, WA) and at SOUL FOOD BOOKS (Redmond, WA). THANKS, dear Mike, for the honour and pleasure of sharing the stage with you, and for the gift of your friendship. 🙂
– Performing at UNITY OF TACOMA and at CENTER FOR SPIRITUAL LIVING TACOMA (Tacoma, WA). THANKS to Rev. David Elliott and to Christine Young for making me feel so welcome in their communities, and to the ANGELS in their communities; I look forward to seeing you and serving you again. 🙂
– Performing at TRANSCENDANCE (Vancouver, BC) with my pals Jerry DesVoignes, Sandra Dawn Nash, Elio Rota and Shawn Soucy. It was the first time that we’ve ever combined Kirtan (devotional chanting) with dancing, and everyone present had a LOT of fun. THANKS, team!
– Performing my last gigs with my dear brothers and sister in THE HITMEN (Richmond, BC). THANKS, dear Tom, Shawn, Rachael and Russell, for ALL of the moments that we’ve shared both on and off stage. I’ll miss you, AND I carry you in my heart. XO
– MY SONG “DO THAT THING” HAS MADE IT TO THE SEMI-FINALS OF THE 2011 POSI AWARDS!!! Please help it make it to the finals by voting for it. Here’s how to do that:
click on this link: http://www.empowerma.com/
sign in (or create a free account)
click on “Click Here To Vote for The emPower Posi Awards!!”
click to listen (“Do That Thing” is in the “Healing” category)
click to rate
click to submit
THANKS for your support!
– 16 like-hearted artists and I have each donated a song to what we feel is a VERY WORTHY CAUSE – a “MUSICAL TOOLKIT” for A COUPLE IN NEED. Please take a few minutes to click on this link, http://www.themagnificentyou.com/compassion/, and DONATE whatever you can. We’re all in this together. THANKS. 🙂
– I’m updating my mailing list. PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE TO “RE-JOIN” MY ONLINE COMMUNITY ON MY “HOME” PAGE – doing so will greatly simplify my staying in touch with you. THANKS. 🙂
– It gives me GREAT pleasure to announce that I’ll be travelling to Eugene, OR to perform in the PACIFIC NORTHWEST NEW THOUGHT RALLY, and to Quadra Island, BC for the CANADIAN CIRCLE OF LOVE GATHERING. (Details for both events are below.)
– On the home front, I’ll be performing a HOUSE CONCERT WITH fellow artist and dear friend ZOEY WREN, and helping to honour Rev. Kathryn Anderson at a SPECIAL EVENT AT UNITY OF VANCOUVER. (Details for both events are below.)
Here’s what my entire CALENDAR looks like in the next month or so. I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events. (AND please remember that I welcome any and all opportunities to serve you with my music; just e-mail me with your ideas at NathenAswell@Me.com.)
5, 11:00 AM – Spiritual Centre for Dynamic Living (1495 West 8th Avenue, 4th Floor, Vancouver) – Church Service
11, 8:00 PM – Yoga on 7th (156 East 7th Avenue, Vancouver) – Universal Kirtan (Chanting) with Amir – By donation.
12, 11:00 AM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver) – Church Service
17-19 – Center for Spiritual Living Eugene (390 Vernal Street, Eugene, OR) – PACIFIC NORTHWEST NEW THOUGHT RALLY: celebrating CSL Eugene’s 40 years as a spiritual community, with guest speakers, musicians and workshops. For more info, please visit http://nwnewthoughtrally.webstarts.com/
22, 7:30 PM – UNITY OF VANCOUVER (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver) – “SACRED JOURNEY”: an evening of music, meditation and ritual acknowledging Rev. Kathryn Anderson’s 16 years of ministry at Unity of Vancouver – Love Offering.
25, 7:30 PM (doors open at 7:00 PM) – HOUSE CONCERT IN VANCOUVER WITH ZOEY WREN AND I – $15. (Space is limited, so please contact Zoey ASAP at (604) 461-6200 or ZoWren@gmail.com to reserve your spot and to get details on the concert’s location.)
27 (to October 1) – Tsa-Kwa-Luten Lodge, Quadra Island – CANADIAN CIRCLE OF LOVE GATHERING: “LIVING PRESENCE”. For more info, please visit http://www.circleoflovegathering.com/canada/
3, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (14600 North Bluff Road, Centennial Park, White Rock) – Church Service
NEW WEB SITE CONTENT
I’ve given my web site (www.NathenAswell.com) a MAJOR face lift! Please give it a look and listen, and tell me what you think. As well as updating the “Blog” and “Calendar” pages, I’ve:
– increased the font size of all of the text, and changed the highlighted text colour to yellow, to make everything easier to read.
– I’ve re-sized all of the page “windows”, so that everything can be easily navigated on both Mac AND PC computers.
– added a link to my new mailing list on the “Home” page. PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE TO “RE-JOIN” MY ONLINE COMMUNITY ON MY “HOME” PAGE – doing so will greatly simplify my staying in touch with you. THANKS!
– reduced clutter and simplified things by creating separate “Bio/Press” and “Praise” pages. My bio has been updated, and I’ve added new comments (THANKS, dear Marcia, April, Jennifer, Jules, Claudia, Cindy, Tiffany and Scott!) to my “Praise” page.
– added a new video of “Do That Thing” from my August trip to CA to my “Audio/Video” page.
– reduced clutter and simplified things by creating separate “Music Store”, “Services” and “Links” pages. My “Music Store” page makes it easy to buy my music; my “Services” page clearly states how I’m currently serving with my music; and my “Links” page is full of resources that I think you’ll enjoy.
– added photos from The Hitmen, TranscenDance, and my August trip to WA on my “Photos” page.
Happy September, everyone. Go with love!
aWith love and gratitude,