Hi Everyone –
Warm greetings and blessings to you all!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
One of the many lessons I learned from one of my teachers was the power of “holding the question” – sitting with something until the answer appears.
For many months, the question I’ve been holding is “HOW”… as in “HOW can I best serve and be prosperous?”.
Doing so caused me a lot of heartache.
I came to realize that I’ve been holding the wrong question.
(As a good friend in Vancouver once said, “HOW is none of your business” – !!!)
AND, blessed as I am to have Angels all around me, I’ve been synchronously guided to the right question by several of them: “WHAT”… as in “WHAT is my highest and greatest good?”
I’m slowly working my way through Rev. Michael Beckwith’s excellent audio program “Life Visioning”, and this “WHAT” question is at the heart of it.
So I’m holding that question, and listening as deeply as I can.
Feels like one more way that my word for 2013, FAITH, is growing and manifesting in me… And for that I am truly, TRULY grateful.
YES, YAY and AMEN!
How about YOU?
What question are YOU holding?
Is it serving you and moving you forward with your word/intention(s) for 2013?
WHEREVER you are on your journey, I’d love to hear from you. Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org; we’re all in this together, and we have much to learn from each other. 🙂
Here are some other highlights from the last month or so:
– Performing at the “Metaphysical Mardi Gras” Coffee House at Unity of Vancouver with my pal Russell Marsland – Hot diggity! THANKS, buddy, for our deepening heart connection, and to all who attended. Much love to every one of you! XO (PLEASE NOTE: Russell and I are performing at two special events in March – read on for more details!)
– Performing as part of the music team for the 2013 CSL Spiritual Living Convention. What a joy it was to make music with such an open-hearted crew, to listen to such powerful speakers, and to experience it all right here in Vancouver! (And being able to bring the gang out to “River Song” [our floating home on the Fraser River] for an afternoon was a REAL treat.) THANKS, team, for our shared music making; to every speaker, for inspiring me; to friends old and new, for deepening connections; and to all who attended. Much love to every one of you! XO
– Leading the Mantra Meditation (chanting) evening at Unity of Vancouver. THANKS to the growing numbers of people who come to share their voices with me, and to the team at Unity of Vancouver for the opportunity. Much love to every one of you! XO
– Performing at CSL White Rock, and being a powerful vessel for two of Karen Taylor-Good’s songs (“Naked” and “Real”). THANKS to Rev. Terry Shea and his loving community for always inspiring me, to Karen for her great songs, and to the new insights moving through me and AS me. Much love to every one of you! XO
– Performing at CSL Vancouver. I’ve missed performing for this community, and I thoroughly enjoyed being back. THANKS to Rev. Mary Murray Shelton for the opportunity, to Bill Sample for his keyboard wizardry, to the choir for their sweet voices, and to all who attended. Much love to every one of you! XO
– Being interviewed by my dear friend Christy Snow on Unity Radio’s “Music Speaks Louder Than Words” show. THANKS for the “dance”, dear Christy – I look forward to seeing you soon in AZ! – and to all who listened in. Much love to every one of you! XO (You can hear the interview here: http://www.unity.fm/program/MusicSpeaksLouder)
On the ROAD:
– ARIZONA! Church Services at Creative Living Fellowship in Phoenix with fellow artist and dear friend Marcy Baruch, and the annual ANTN conference in Scottsdale. (Details are below.)
– Along with Dr. Christian Guenette, my dear friend Gillian Roberts has just co-authored a new book, “The Thought That Changed My Life Forever”. To support them in their new adventure, I’ll be performing at the Official Book Launch Party. (Details are below; to order your copy of the book, please visit http://thethoughtpublications.com and scroll down to the “Amazon” links.)
– Vancouver guitar wizard and sweet friend Russell Marsland will be performing a short set with me at Captain’s Cove / Rusty Anchor Pub (Ladner, BC) on March 18th, and a full concert with me at the Genesis Theatre (Ladner, BC) on March 22nd. Please come and join us for a two powerful nights of “Powerhouse Blues meets Conscious Pop” – right in my neighbourhood! (Details are below.)
– It gives me GREAT joy to announce that I’ll be performing as part of the Diocesan Folk Music Camp Reunion in Montreal (June 29-30/13). DFMC is where my musical and spiritual life truly blossomed, and being a part of it greatly shaped who I am today. (Tickets are now available; for more info, please visit http://folkmusiccamp.org)
On the HOME FRONT:
– Mantra Meditation, St. Patrick’s Day AND Palm Sunday at Unity of Vancouver (!), Kirtan (chanting) with Amir, and Easter Sunday at CSL White Rock. (Details are below.)
Here’s what my ENTIRE CALENDAR looks like in the next month or so. I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events. (AND please remember that I welcome any and all opportunities to serve you with my words and music; just e-mail me with your ideas at email@example.com)
15, 7:30 PM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Mantra Meditation (chanting) – Love offering. (http://unityofvancouver.org)
17, 11:00 AM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Church Service (http://unityofvancouver.org)
17, 4:00 – 7:00 PM – Guilt & Co. (1 Alexander Street, Gastown [Vancouver] BC) – Performance at the Official Book Launch Party for “The Thought That Changed My Life Forever” (by Dr. Christian Guenette & my friend Gillian Laura Roberts) – $32 (includes first beverage ticket, light “appies”, live entertainment and an autographed copy of the book) – RSVP required, no tickets will be available at the door (http://thethoughtpublications.com)
18, 7:30 PM – Captain’s Cove / Rusty Anchor Pub (6100 Ferry Road, Ladner BC) – 30 minute set with Russell Marsland at “Monday Night Live” to help promote our concert at the Genesis Theatre on March 22nd (http://captainscovemarina.ca/pub-info)
22, 8:00 PM – Genesis Theatre (5005 45th Avenue, Ladner BC) – In Concert with Russell Marsland (as part of the venue’s “live@5005” concert series) – $10 at the door. (http://www.genesistheatre.ca)
24, 11:00 AM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Church Service (http://unityofvancouver.org)
30, 8:00 PM – Yoga on 7th (156 East 7th Avenue, Vancouver BC) – Universal Kirtan (Chanting) with Amir – By donation
31, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Semiahmoo House, 15306 24th Avenue, South Surrey BC) – Church Service (www.csl-whiterock.com)
6, 9:00 and 11:00 AM – Creative Living Fellowship (6530 North 7th Street, Phoenix AZ) – Church Services with Marcy Baruch (http://www.creativelivingfellowship.com/)
8-12 – Franciscan Renewal Centre / Casa de Paz y Bien (5802 E. Lincoln Drive, Scottsdale AZ) – ANTN (Affiliated New Thought Network) Conference (http://www.newthought.org/)
21, 11:00 AM – CSL Vancouver (#08 – 1880 Triumph Street, Vancouver BC) – Church Service (http://vancouver.csl.org/)
26, 7:30 PM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Mantra Meditation (chanting) – Love offering. (http://unityofvancouver.org)
28, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Semiahmoo House, 15306 24th Avenue, South Surrey BC) – Church Service (www.csl-whiterock.com)
NEW WEB SITE CONTENT
As well as updating my “Calendar” and “Blog” pages (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page7/page7.html and https://www.nathenaswell.com/page8/page8.html), I’ve:
– updated my bio on my “Bio” (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page2/page2.html) and “Service” (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page6/page6.html) pages;
– added an mp3 of my latest radio interview with Christy Snow (Unity Online Radio) to my “Audio/Video” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page3/page3.html) (Scroll down to “Audio”);
– added new photos from the CSL Spiritual Living Convention in Vancouver and from the Posi Music Festival in Orlando to my “Photos” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page9/page9.html);
– added new comments (THANKS, dear Jane, Michele, Georgina, Faith, Ben, Erin, Ty, Ray, Marianne, Penelope, Cheryl, Barbara, Marian & Pat, Sarah, Rosanne, Judy, Rita, Zoey, Barb, Liane, Sandra, Harold & Carol, Frances, Kyme, Wendy, Cristy, Lisa, Ellen, Mahalia and Essa – I greatly appreciate EVERY word!) to my “Feedback” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page10/page10.html);
I’d also like to remind you that you can purchase my CDs “I Say Yes” and “Little By Little” and my 2-DVD set “In Concert: Little By Little”on the “Music Store” page of my web site, https://www.nathenaswell.com/page5/page5.html. (You can SAVE by buying a CD Bundle [both CDs for $25] or a CD/DVD Bundle [both CDs and the 2-DVD set for $35].)
You can now find me on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and LinkedIn. (All of my online addresses are below.)
Happy March, everyone. May the question you’re holding be serving you and moving you forward as you live YOUR word for 2013, and may you go with LOVE!
With love and gratitude,