Hi Everyone –
Warm greetings and blessings to you all!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
As I write these words, I’m enjoying a perfect September afternoon here in Vancouver – sunny with a slight breeze. Lovely! My birthday is just a few days away, and I have much to be thankful for. Here are my highlights of the last month or so – a month of “firsts”!
– While I’ve walked the Labyrinth at St. Paul’s Anglican Church in Vancouver, I’d never performed there as others walked it, and making sacred sound with my dear friend Zoey Wren was very sweet. BIG thanks, Zoey – here’s to many more shared musical moments!
– While I’ve supported many artists at The Harmony Arts Festival in West Vancouver, I’d never performed a solo set of my own music there. BIG thanks to all who sat and listened, to all who strolled by, and to all of the children and their dogs who enjoyed splashing around in the water that surrounded three sides of the stage – fabulous!
– Sharing the bill with fellow artists and good friends Michael Morales and Freebo at Pasta Nova in Woodinville, WA was a hoot! The full house was treated to the best Italian food for miles around, Michael’s sweet voice sounded better to me than it ever has, and Freebo and I had fun accompanying each other on my NS Stick. BIG thanks to all who attended, to Freebo for the privilege of making music with him, to Michael for making the whole event a reality, to Michael’s wife Debbie for her warm hospitality, and to my dear Sheila for accompanying me and taking charge of the “merch” table.
– Performing at Unity of Mesa in AZ was a VERY pleasant experience: Not only was I warmly received by Rev. Joel Baehr and his congregation, I also enjoyed the support of a terrifically talented bunch of musicians: Jimmy Boyd (piano and synthesizer), Brian Palmarino (guitar), John Chapman (upright bass) and Jason Fay (drums), with The Ja Ja’s (Jeanne Mac Laughlin and Barbara Horton) providing backup vocals. BIG thanks to all who attended the morning services and/or my afternoon concert, to the musicians, to Rev. Joel for the opportunity, and most especially to Jeanne Mac Laughlin for making it all happen with ease and grace.
I am very grateful for ALL of the music making in my life. May every note that I sing and play help to heal the world and help us remember who and what we truly are: spiritual beings having a human experience. AMEN!
(Full details are on the “Calendar” page.) I’ll be performing:
– at church services – Unity of Vancouver (September 7), Centre for Positive Living (September 21), St. Andrew’s-Wesley (September 21), and Centre for Spiritual Living (September 28);
– with Russell Marsland and Suzanne Gitzi at Hastings Racecourse (September 5 and 6);
– with Harold Payne, Faith Rivera and Freebo at a House Concert in Kansas City, MO (Sept. 13);
– at the “Pajama Jam” showcases (September 15) at New Thought Music Week (September 14-20) in Lee’s Summit, MO;
– Kirtan with Sandra Dawn at Tsawwassen United Church (September 26).
I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events.
NEW WEB SITE CONTENT
As well as updating the calendar on my web site, I’ve:
– added a new review of my CD (by Jennifer Washington of Acoustic Fuel) and new comments from ministers and music directors on my “Bio / Press / Praise” page;
– added photos of my night at Pasta Nova in Woodinville, WA on my “Photos” page. (Click on the thumbnail images to see the full pictures.)
– SPECIAL NOTE: As well as my CD, I now have two DVDs for sale: “CD Release Party” ($15 + $3 s/h) and “House Concert” ($10 + $3 s/h). If you’d like your own copies, please e-mail me at email@example.com to arrange delivery. (Within the next week or so, I’ll also be able to accept payment for them online; please check my “Music Store / Links” page.)
I hope that you’ve all had excellent summers, and that you’re ready for the new energy that fall brings. Go with love!
With love and gratitude,