Hi Everyone –
Warm greetings and blessings to you all!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
Here we are in October, days away from my favourite holiday: (Canadian) Thanksgiving. In 1992, I chose Thanksgiving Day as the day to begin my new life in Vancouver, knowing that I would then have one more reason to celebrate the day every year; and now, 16 years later, I have MANY more reasons to celebrate it. I am truly grateful for everything that is unfolding in my life, and I’m excited about stepping ever more deeply into the fullness of who I am. AMEN!
What fills YOU with gratitude? Drop me a line at email@example.com and let me know; I’d love to hear from you.
For me, THE highlight of September was my week in Kansas City, where I performed at a House Concert and then (FULLY) participated in New Thought Music Week. (Have a look at the new pictures on the “Photos” page.) It was remarkable to see and feel how much has changed for me since last year’s conference; it is my GREAT good fortune to now have many of the talented artists who gather annually for this event as dear friends. BIG thanks to Teri Wilder for opening up her home for a terrific House Concert, to Richard Mekdeci and Sue K Riley for all of the work that they put into organizing NTMW every year, and to ALL who attended this year’s event. (I must also give special thanks to Freebo, Lori Sandstrom and Robert Anderson for their open hearts, wisdom and encouragement.)
I am very grateful for ALL of the music making in my life. May every note that I sing and play help to heal the world and help us remember who and what we truly are: spiritual beings having a human experience. AMEN!
Here’s what my calendar looks like in the coming month. I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events.
5, 10:30 AM – Centre for Positive Living (Centennial Park, 14600 North Bluff Rd., White Rock) – Church Service
5, 1:30 PM – Centre for Spiritual Life (St. Andrew’s Heritage Church, 22289 116 Ave., Maple Ridge) – Church Service
12, 11:00 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living (1495 W. 8th Ave., 4th floor, Vancouver) – Church Service
16, 7:30 PM (doors open at 7:00 PM) – Unitarian Church of Vancouver (949 49th Ave. West, cr. of Oak and 49th, Vancouver) – Thanksgiving LUVapalooza Concert with Charles Holt (from Santa Monica, CA) and Michelle Briggs – $20 at the door. (Please bring new socks and / or blankets to be donated to the Lookout Emergency Aid Society, http://www.lookoutsociety.bc.ca/index.html, to support Homelessness Action Week 2008.) To reserve your tickets, please e-mail Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
17, 7:30-9:30 – Tsawwassen United Church (693 53rd Street, Tsawwassen) – Kirtan (Chanting) with Sandra Dawn – $15
19, 11:00 AM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak St., Vancouver) – Church Service
19, 7:00 PM – St. Andrew’s-Wesley (1012 Nelson Ave., Vancouver) – Worship Service with Curt Allison
23-26 – FAR-West Regional Conference (Phoenix Marriott Mesa Hotel & Convention Center, 200 North Centennial Way, Mesa, AZ). Private showcase schedule:
– 24, 3:20 PM – ConcertsInYourHome.com, rm. #207
– 24, 11:30 PM – Unfinished Lips Music Room, rm. #308
– 24, 1:20 AM – Susanne Millsaps Memorial Coffee House Room, with D-Squared and Nancy Cassidy
– 24, 1:30 AM – Far West presents New Stars in the West, rm. #204
– 25, 4:00 PM – Unfinished Lips Music Room, rm. #308
– 25, 7:45 PM – “Chollo Room” (Premiere showcase, accompanying Bonnie Ste-Croix)
– 25, 12:30 AM – Natural Talent, rm. #215
28, 7:30 – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak St., Vancouver) – Coffee House
31, 7:00-9:00 PM – St. Paul’s Anglican Church (1130 Jervis St., Vancouver) – Kirtan (Chanting) with Sandra Dawn, as people walk the Labyrinth
1, 8:00 PM – Yoga on 7th (156 East 7th, Vancouver) – Universal Kirtan (Chanting) with Amir
2, 10:30 AM – Centre for Positive Living (Centennial Park, 14600 North Bluff Rd., White Rock) – Church Service
NEW WEB SITE CONTENT
As well as updating the calendar on my web site, I’ve:
– added pictures of my week in Kansas City to my “Photos” page. (Click on the thumbnail images to see the full pictures.)
– updated my “Music Store / Book a Concert / Links” page. Under “Music Store”, I’ve added images of my CD (“Little By Little”) and my DVDs (“CD Release Party” and “House Concert”), and a link to where you can purchase copies of all three online (http://bruha.com/Music_Store/music_store.html). And under “Book A Concert” is a link to a great 2-minute video on why YOUR living room is the perfect place for a House Concert (http://concertsinyourhome.com/beahostintro.html).
On my myspace page (www.myspace.com/nathenaswell), my updated calendar is under “Upcoming Shows”, and my new photos are under “About Nathen Aswell”.
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving, everyone. Go with love!
With love and gratitude,