Hi Everyone –
Warm greetings and blessings to you all!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
January: A time of renewal. May we all feel energized and excited about the year ahead, and may 2009 contain blessings of all kinds for each and every one of us. 🙂
I got a lot of great feedback about the video that I shared with you last month, so I’ve decided to make this a “regular feature” of my newsletter. This month, I have this one to share: www.wisdombook.org. As a very dear friend once said to me, “All that we can offer each other is our own experience” – ! BIG thanks to Derrik Jordon, my talented musical buddy in Vermont, for this month’s video. (If you have suggestions for videos to include in future newsletters, please drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
December is always one of the busiest months of the year for me, and this year was no exception! Here are my monthly highlights:
– Performing at Unity of Vancouver’s Christmas Candlelighting Service – ALWAYS a highlight of the season. Thanks team!
– Performing at Tsawwassen United Church’s Advent Candlelight Gathering, and at the Labyrinth at St. Paul’s Anglican Church, with my dear friend Sandra Dawn. Sandra and I are really finding “our sound” together, and we’re very excited about our plans for the new year. (Details below.) BIG thanks, Sandra (aka “99”)!
– Performing at Rev. Mary Kay Ducey’s “Festival of the Holy Night”, and having my dear friend Joyanna Anthony tell me afterwards that when I play my NS Stick, I’m playing my heart. BIG thanks, Joyanna, for being a constant source of inspiration to me. 🙂
– Performing at many corporate events with my pals in The Hitmen, and with my gal pals Brenda Kay and Joani Bye in The Charles Dickens Carolers. Thanks teams! (And SPECIAL THANKS to Lee Worden, guitarist for The Hitmen for 9 years, who is now moving on to other adventures. Lee, you’re a treasure! Thanks for many great shared moments on AND off stage!)
– Enjoying Vancouver’s record snowfall, and heeding Mother Nature’s advice to STOP and rest.
– The work continues on new songs for my next CD. BIG thanks to everyone in my songwriters circle for their support and encouragement.
BIG NEWS: (1) Sandra Dawn and I have found a new home for our Kirtan nights. Starting this month, on the second Friday of the month, we’ll be at East West Yoga, which is just a few doors away from Banyen Books. (Details are below.)
(2) Also starting this month, I’m launching a House Concert series. The debut concert will feature my esteemed colleague David Sinclair (touring & recording guitarist for artists including Sarah McLachlan, kd lang, Michael Buble, and Daniel Powter) and I. (Details are below.)
Here’s what my calendar looks like in the coming month. I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events. (AND please remember that I welcome any and all opportunities to serve you with my music; just e-mail me with your ideas at email@example.com.)
9, 8:00-10:00 PM – East West Yoga (3574 W. 4th, Vancouver) – Kirtan (Chanting) with Sandra Dawn – $15. (Chairs are available, or bring a cushion to sit on the floor.)
11, 11:00 AM – Spiritual Centre for Dynamic Living (H. R. MacMillan Space Centre Auditorium / Vancouver Planetarium, 1100 Chestnut Street) – Church Service
18, 10:30 AM – Centre for Positive Living (Centennial Park, 14600 North Bluff Rd., White Rock) – Church Service
18, 7:00 PM – St. Andrew’s-Wesley (1012 Nelson Ave., Vancouver) – Worship Service with Curt Allison
30 & 31, 9:00 PM – Villa Casino (4331 Dominion Street, Burnaby) – With Famous Players
1, 11:00 AM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak St., Vancouver) – Church Service
8, 2, 10:30 AM – Centre for Positive Living (Centennial Park, 14600 North Bluff Rd., White Rock) – Church Service
8, 7:00 PM (doors open at 6:30 PM) – House Concert in Vancouver with David Sinclair (www.davidsinclairmusic.com) – $20. (Space is limited, so please RSVP me at firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday Feb. 6th to reserve a spot and to get details on the concert’s location.)
NEW WEB SITE CONTENT
As well as updating the calendar on all three of my web sites, I’ve:
– updated my website design software, which has enabled me to increase the size of my web page “windows”. (Sorry that my background images look a little strange at the moment; I’ll be fixing that ASAP by replacing them with higher resolutions of the same images.)
– added a new photo (of Sandra Dawn and I) to my web site, and to my MySpace page;
– got a new e-mail address, so that I can keep in touch with you at home and on my new iPhone (!). It’s email@example.com.
Happy New Year, everyone. Go with love!
With love and gratitude,