Hi Everyone –
Warm greetings and blessings to you all!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
February: The month in which we celebrate LOVE. May we honour this month by first loving ourselves, so that we may then more fully love all those around us.
This month’s video offering exemplifies this quite beautifully: www.thelastlecture.com. (Click on “Watch The Last Lecture” at the bottom of the left-hand column.) It’s the last lecture given by Professor Randy Pausch before he died (less than a year after this lecture) of pancreatic cancer, and is truly an act of love for himself, his family, and his students and colleagues. (The video is about 90 minutes long, AND please trust me when I say that you’ll be very happy that you made the time to watch it.)
BIG thanks to my dear friend Nancy Mortifee for this month’s video. If you have suggestions for videos to include in future newsletters, please drop me a line at email@example.com.
Here are my highlights from the last month or so:
– Performing Kirtan (Chants) with my dear friend Sandra Dawn in our new “home” at East West Yoga. (BEAUTIFUL energy there!)
– Working two very talented folks into The Hitmen (now re-named The Hits): Russell Marsland (guitar and vocals) and Aimée Ayotte (vocals). Welcome aboard, you two; I’m VERY happy to be making music with the both of you!
– Subbing in Famous Players, another local corporate band. GREAT fun. Thanks, Courtenay, for your leadership, and Kelly, for your vision!
– Kicking off the first House Concert in my new series by sharing the bill with local guitar wizard David Sinclair, and playing to a full house. BIG thanks to all who atttended, and to David for the gifts of his musicianship, gentle humour and friendship.
– Playing my NS Stick at ALL of this month’s performances! I’m thrilled to now be able to bring the “colours” of this beautiful instrument to all of my music making, and I’m very excited about deepening my exploration of it. BIG thanks to Emmett Chapman and to Ned Steinberger for inventing it!
BIG NEWS: In March, I’ll be performing at the Affiliated New Thought Network Conference (in Phoenix), and in May, I’ll be performing at Harmonizing With Humanity’s Autism Awareness Music Fest (also in Phoenix). Please take a minute to read the announcement below about the HwH Fest, and see if getting involved with it and with HwH resonates for you:
“Announcing Harmonizing with Humanity’s first-ever live Music Festival in Arizona!
AUTISM AWARENESS MUSIC FEST
May 2-3, 2009
I’d like to share with you an organization that I’ve just been invited to be part of. It’s called Harmonizing with Humanity and it’s very important on the scale of supporting different causes.
If you live anywhere near Arizona or feel inspired to travel to be part of history in the making and are interested in attending one of the most unique music festivals of our time (while supporting an important cause), this weekend is something you will not want to miss!
And… as a beloved fan you also have a great opportunity to be exposed to other like-minded artists from the positive music genre (17 Indie musicians) who will share the stage with one big national act soon to be announced.
Also, Harmonizing with Humanity’s first album is being launched in mid February showcasing Indie artists and original songs. “The Life That’s Chosen Me” will be their first project initiative to create a vehicle for donations that will go back to schools and organizations (for special needs children) that depend on funding from private sponsors.
Click here for more information and to sign up for our mailing list (don’t worry we won’t be bombarding you) to be part of a growing music community that I would love to share with you. We’ll be doing two big events per year and we need your support to get this grassroots effort started.
This is a great way to start the year off by supporting music and all different causes at the same time. The May event just happens to be about supporting autism. They are now having talks about creating musical tours to raise awareness in cities across the country. If you are interested, you could request your city and bring famous musicians right to your home town!
CLICK HERE TO READ ALL ABOUT MUSIC FEST 2009 AND KEEP UP TO DATE TO FIND OUT WHO’S SINGING AND SPEAKING, AND REGISTER YOURSELF.
Since this music festival supports autism awareness, please forward this to any friends who would like to support this cause.”
Here’s what my CALENDAR looks like in the coming month. I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events. (AND please remember that I welcome any and all opportunities to serve you with my music; just e-mail me with your ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
13, 8:00-10:00 PM – East West Yoga (3574 W. 4th, Vancouver) – Kirtan (Chanting) with Sandra Dawn – $15. (Chairs are available, or bring a cushion to sit on the floor.)
15, 10:30 AM – Centre for Positive Living (14600 North Bluff Rd., Centennial Park, White Rock) – Church Service
15, 7:00 PM – St. Andrew’s-Wesley (1012 Nelson Ave., Vancouver) – Worship Service with Curt Allison
24, 7:30 PM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak St., Vancouver) – Metaphysical Mardi Gras Coffeehouse Concert
1, 11:00 AM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak St., Vancouver) – Church Service
7, 8:00 PM – Yoga on 7th (156 East 7th, Vancouver) – Universal Kirtan (Chanting) with Amir
8, 11:00 AM – Spiritual Centre for Dynamic Living (H. R. MacMillan Space Centre, 1100 Chestnut Street) – Church Service
NEW WEB SITE CONTENT
As well as updating the calendar on all three of my web sites, I’ve:
– increased the size of my web site “windows”, and improved or replaced the background images on every page;
– added some new comments about my House Concert with David Sinclair to my “Bio/Press/Praise” page (scroll down to the bottom of the page to see them);
– added new photos of my House Concert with David to my web site and to my MySpace page.
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone. Go with love!
With love and gratitude,