Hi Everyone –
Warm greetings and blessings to you all!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
March: The arrival of spring and new life. The energy in the air is inspiring me to make new commitments and (re)discover the importance of ritual in my life, with the biggest (re)commitment being to my instrument (http://www.stick.com/instruments/ns/) and my music – and I’m VERY excited about ALL that’s unfolding as a result (!!!). With that, I offer you both a speech (http://pianotree.wordpress.com/2008/09/06/inspirational-speech/) and a podcast (http://www.ascboston.org/downloads/podcast/080824.mp3) by Karl Paulnack, pianist and director of music division at Boston Conservatory, on the importance and power of music. May they inspire you as deeply as they have inspired me. (And if you have anything that you’d like to share with me about commitments and rituals in your life, I’d be happy and honoured to hear from you.)
I’m very grateful to all of the artists that contribute to Maplepost, a mailing list for members of the Canadian folk music community, and to the person who included the links to Karl Paulnack in one of their messages. If you have suggestions for inspirational media to include in a future newsletter, please drop me a line at email@example.com.
Here are my highlights from the last month or so:
– Performing at Kirtan (chanting) nights with my dear friend Sandra Dawn, and with the wise and open-hearted Amir O’Loughlin, and richly enjoying the evolution of the sacred sound generated with each of them;
– Serving several local New Thought churches with my music making, and relishing my deepening friendships at all of them;
– Being one of the performers at Unity of Vancouver’s annual “Metaphysical Mardi Gras” Coffee House, which is ALWAYS a hoot and a half (!).
BIG THANKS to all. 🙂
BIG NEWS: I’m VERY excited about being a part of this month’s Affiliated New Thought Network Conference in Phoenix (http://www.newthought.org/conf_intro.htm). Harmonizing With Humanity’s Autism Awareness Music Fest, originally scheduled for Phoenix in May, has been downsized and will now be happening in Ojai on April 10th (http://harmonizingwithhumanity.com/index.php/autism-awareness-music-fest-2009-2.html).
Here’s what my CALENDAR looks like in the coming month. I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events. (AND please remember that I welcome any and all opportunities to serve you with my music; just e-mail me with your ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
13, 8:00-10:00 PM – East West Yoga (3574 W. 4th, Vancouver) – Kirtan (Chanting) with Sandra Dawn – $15.
15, 10:30 AM – Centre for Positive Living (14600 North Bluff Rd., Centennial Park, White Rock) – Church Service
22, 11:00 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living (1495 W. 8th Ave., 4th floor, Vancouver) – Church Service
23-27 – Franciscan Renewal Centre / Casa de Paz y Bien (5802 E. Lincoln Drive, Scottsdale, AZ) – ANTN (Affiliated New Thought Network) Conference
29, 10:30 AM – Centre for Positive Living (14600 North Bluff Rd., Centennial Park, White Rock) – Church Service
10, 8:00-10:00 PM – East West Yoga (3574 W. 4th, Vancouver) – Kirtan (Chanting) with Sandra Dawn – $15.
11, 8:00 PM – Yoga on 7th (156 East 7th, Vancouver) – Universal Kirtan (Chanting) with Amir
12, 10:30 AM – Centre for Positive Living (14600 North Bluff Rd., Centennial Park, White Rock) – Church Service
NEW WEB SITE CONTENT
As well as updating the blogs and calendars on my web sites, I’ve:
– added some new comments to the “Praise” section of my “Bio/Press/Praise” page (BIG THANKS to Rebecca Brewer of Altamont Springs, FL and to Jan Roscovich of Richmond, BC);
– added new photos from Unity of Vancouver’s “Metaphysical Mardi Gras” Coffee House to my web site and to my MySpace page. (BIG THANKS to Rita Britnell for her work behind the camera!)
Happy Spring, everyone. Go with love!
With love and gratitude,