Hi Everyone –
Warm greetings and blessings to you all! After a month “off”, I’m happy to be back with a new newsletter for you. 🙂
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
September: After slower summer days, a fresh start. I’ve just returned from a terrific vacation with my family, and I’m feeling rejuvenated, peaceful AND excited about the year ahead. There’s a real BUZZ in the air – people everywhere are connecting and doing very interesting things – and it’s delicious to be aware of it, breathe it in and let it express itself through me too. (My new CD will be born this year – I can feel it in my TOES!)
With this in mind, I offer you this interactive piece of music, “In B Flat” – http://www.dailygood.org/more.php?n=3809a – a wonderful opportunity for each and every one of us to PLAY. May it inspire you as deeply as it inspires me. (THANKS to my dear friend Joyanna Anthony – “Ms. Sunshine”! – for sending this my way. If YOU have suggestions for inspirational media to include in a future newsletter, please drop me a line at email@example.com.)
Here are my highlights from the last TWO months:
– Performing in Seoul, Korea with my old friends Joani Bye, Helen Davis and Bing Jensen in The Euphorics (an a cappella quartet). This was my third trip to Seoul with them, and it was again a great mix of music making, laughter and WARM Korean hospitality. THANKS to the gang, and to Son Dae Jang (Peter Son) and his incredible team, for another great adventure!
– Completely losing my voice for a week in August – a week FILLED with performances! – AND being lovingly supported by my musical community. THANKS to all who let me heal and just play my NS Stick, and to Mark James Fortin who covered for me at The Harmony Arts Festival in West Vancouver – I feel truly blessed. 🙂
– Performing at a House Concert in Vancouver with my old friend Nancy Ruth, and thoroughly enjoying her music and stories of life in Spain. Muchas Gracias, Nancy!
– Being a part of Lisa Ferraro’s music team at the Canadian Circle of Love Gathering in Kelowna, BC. THANKS to the team (especially Lisa, Erika Luckett and Jack Fowler) for an inspiring and fun week, to Rev. David Leonard for the opportunity, and to the many new friends I made – I AM truly blessed!
– Performing at Canadian Memorial Church in Vancouver, and discovering one MORE amazing community of people. THANKS to Neil Weisensel, musical director, for his warm welcome, and to my dear friend Rev. MK Sophia Ducey for manifesting the opportunity. 🙂
– Completing my first Eastern Canada “tour” by performing at THREE concerts in one week in Dartmouth NS, Montreal QC, and Kemptville ON (near Ottawa). THANKS to Todd & Catherine, to Steve Sims, and to my mom for being such fabulous presenters and hosts, and to all who attended the concerts – I’m most DEFINITELY doing what I came here to do, and I GREATLY appreciate your love and support! (SPECIAL THANKS to my pals Larry Cassini for accompanying me on guitar, and to Gary White for schlepping a lot of gear and for playing a little percussion, at the Montreal concert – I truly treasure you guys.)
– As I continue to “plant seeds” and make new friends everywhere I go, I’m getting more and more invitations to travel. This month, I’ll be in Nanaimo, Kelowna and Victoria. More trips to come! (Details below.)
– Looks like Sandra Dawn and I have found a new night (last Sunday of the month) and a new home (Canadian Memorial Church) for our Kirtan (Chanting) evenings – and we’re very excited about it! (Details below.)
– Jerry DesVoignes is having a CD release party on Oct. 3rd for his “unplugged” version of Beatles classics, “All You Need Is Beatles”. Come sing along with us! (Details below.)
– My next House Concert will be in Vancouver on Oct. 4th with my very dear friends Jonas and Jeanette (www.jonasandjeanette.com). Believe me, this will be a VERY special evening, and I very much hope that you can join us. (Details below.)
– I’m very pleased to announce that my good friend Jane Mortifee will be heading up a terrific band (including yours truly) on Oct. 8th to help raise funds for Seva Canada. Come shake your booty to some GREAT R&B and donate to a very worthy cause. (Details below.)
Here’s what my CALENDAR looks like in the next month. I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events. (AND please remember that I welcome any and all opportunities to serve you with my music; just e-mail me with your ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
20, 10:30 AM – Unity Church of Nanaimo (1951 Estevan Road, Nanaimo) – Church Service
20, 7:00 PM – St. Andrew’s-Wesley (1012 Nelson Avenue, Vancouver) – Worship Service with Curt Allison
27, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living Kelowna (1375 Water Street, Kelowna) – Church Service
27, 7:00-9:00 PM – Canadian Memorial Church (corner of West 15th Avenue and Burrard Street, Vancouver) – Kirtan (Chanting) with Sandra Dawn and Shawn Soucy – $15/by donation.
3, 8:00-11:00 PM – Rhodes College (208 – 1125 Howe Street, Vancouver) – “All You Need Is Beatles” CD release party w/ Jerry DesVoignes and Elio Rota – $10 at the door.
4, 11:00 AM – Spiritual Centre for Dynamic Living (H. R. MacMillan Space Centre, 1100 Chestnut Street, Vancouver) – Church Service
4, 7:30 PM (doors open at 7:00 PM) – House Concert in Vancouver with Jonas and Jeanette (www.jonasandjeanette.com) – $20. (Space is limited, so please RSVP with Nathen at email@example.com ASAP to reserve a spot and to get details on the concert’s location.)
8 – Heritage Hall (3102 Main Street, Vancouver) – Eye Opener Benefit for Seva Canada, with Jane Mortifee & the R&B Express – $35. (Doors open at 7:00; for more information, call 604-713-6622 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.)
11, 10:30 AM – Unity Church of Victoria (Alix Goolden Hall, 907 Pandora Avenue, Victoria) – Church Service
14, 8:30 PM – Lulu’s Lounge, River Rock Casino (8811 United Boulevard, Richmond) – with Rachael Chatoor
15, 9:00 PM – Lulu’s Lounge, River Rock Casino (8811 United Boulevard, Richmond) – with Rachael Chatoor
18, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Centennial Park, 14600 North Bluff Road, White Rock) – Church Service
18, 7:00 PM – St. Andrew’s-Wesley (1012 Nelson Avenue, Vancouver) – Worship Service with Curt Allison
NEW WEB SITE CONTENT
As well as updating the blogs and calendars on my web sites, I’ve:
– fixed a problem with the video links on my “Audio/Video” page. (Thanks to my dear brother Todd for bringing this to my attention.)
– updated my bio, and added new comments about my CD (THANKS, Carmien!) and about my House Concerts (THANKS, Hannah!) on my “Bio/Press/Praise” page.
– added photos from my trip to Seoul, and of my House Concerts with Nancy Ruth and in Dartmouth NS, to the “Photos” page on my web site and to my MySpace page. (Sorry that there aren’t more – I need to remember to ask someone to take pictures for me!)
Happy September, everyone. Go with love!
With love and gratitude,