Hi Everyone –
Warm greetings and blessings to you all!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
As I hold the intention to create more SIMPLICITY and SPACE in my life, new thoughts and new experiences are flowing into it – such as the notion of EASE and GRACE. It’s quite an eye-opener for me to be noticing how much I complicate my life and EXPECT things to be difficult. Is there another choice? I’m committed to finding out! 🙂
With this in mind, I offer you these three short videos as three different routes into YOUR exploration of ease and grace:
May these videos inspire you as deeply as they inspire me.
(THANKS to my dear friends Lisa Ferraro and Erika Luckett for inspiring me to begin MY exploration of ease and grace. If YOU have suggestions for inspirational media to share in a future newsletter, please drop me a line at NathenAswell@Me.com – I’d love to hear from you.)
Here are my highlights from the last month or so:
– Performing at CSL Kelowna in the morning, and at The Peace Centre in the afternoon. THANKS to Barb Samuel and her partner Neal Klassen for always making me feel SO welcome, and to the special souls who came to the afternoon concert – it gave me great joy to perform for you and to shed tears with you!
– Visiting with friends and family in Montreal. (I have the best sister in the WORLD!) THANKS, dear ones, for feeding me SO deeply while I was there, and for continuing to be such a big part of who I am. 🙂
– Performing at The Friends of Kinkora Gala Fundraiser in Montreal. WHAT a blessing it was to be a part of this event! THANKS to Sarah Quig, for being a mind reader all day (!); to the EXCELLENT sound crew, for a job VERY well done; to Anna Graham and The Kinkora Choir, for the opportunity to make music together; to Elliott Fontaine, for the use of his guitar; to the audience, who so warmly received me (you CAN go home again!); to John LeGros, for introducing me to this delicious universe of people in the first place; to ALL of the old and new friends that I got to see at intermission; and to Carolina Bottari and Larry Cassini, for making it all HAPPEN. 🙂
– Performing, for the second time, at a House Concert in my mom’s living room in Kemptville. THANKS to Maggie, for the programs and for the photos; to Elaine, for the FABULOUS cookies (!); to the gang at Class Axe, for the perfect little rig for my NS Stick; to everyone who attended (including my good buddy Carlyle & his dear wife Sylvie, who did some SERIOUS driving to be with me); and to my Mom & her husband Allison, for going ABOVE and BEYOND. 🙂
– Performing with Perry Dickison at Unity of Vancouver. THANKS, dear Perry, for ALWAYS being such a class act in EVERY sense; we HAVE to make music together more often!
– As I continue to “plant seeds” and build connections and friendships everywhere I go, I’m getting more and more invitations to travel. My next stops are return trips to Calgary (in May) and Edmonton (in June). Details will be in future newsletters – stay tuned!
– On the home front: Universal Kirtan with Amir, and Give Peace a Chant with Jerry DesVoignes and with Sandra Leigh. (Details below.)
– SPECIAL EVENTS:
It gives me great pleasure to announce that I’m returning to Phoenix this month for performances at the New Vision Center for Spiritual Living, at a House Concert with Marcy Baruch at Jodi Floyd’s home, and as a member of Rev. Pattie Weber’s “Soul Co-op” band at the Affiliated New Thought Network Conference. (Details below.)
Here’s what my entire CALENDAR looks like in the next month or so. I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events. (AND please remember that I welcome any and all opportunities to serve you with my music; just e-mail me with your ideas at NathenAswell@Me.com.)
4, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (14600 North Bluff Road, Centennial Park, White Rock) – Church Service
9, 7:45 PM (doors open at 7:30) – Open Door Yoga Studio (2111 West 16th Avenue, Vancouver) – Give Peace a Chant, with Jerry DesVoignes and Shawn Soucy – $15 / $10 for seniors and students with card
11, 9:00 and 11:00 AM – New Vision Center for Spiritual Living (18010 N. Tatum Boulevard, Phoenix, AZ) – Church Services
11, 7:00 PM (potluck at 6:00 PM) – Jodi Floyd’s home (8630 E. Montoya, Scottsdale, AZ) – House Concert with Marcy Baruch – $15-$20 love offering
12-16 – Franciscan Renewal Centre / Casa de Paz y Bien (5802 E. Lincoln Drive, Scottsdale, AZ) – ANTN (Affiliated New Thought Network) Conference
25, 11:00 AM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver) – Church Service
30, 7:45 PM (doors open at 7:30) – Open Door Yoga Studio (2111 West 16th Avenue, Vancouver) – Give Peace a Chant, with Sandra Leigh, Meshe Dummond and Shawn Soucy – $15 / $10 for seniors and students with card
1, 8:00 PM – Yoga on 7th (156 East 7th Avenue, Vancouver) – Universal Kirtan (Chanting) with Amir
2, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (14600 North Bluff Road, Centennial Park, White Rock) – Church Service
NEW WEB SITE CONTENT
As well as updating the blogs and calendars on my web sites, I’ve:
– added new comments (THANKS, dear George, Phyllis, Shirley, Evelyn, Pauline, Merv, and Ron!) and a new review of “Little By Little” (THANKS, dear Rosemarie!) to my “Bio/Praise/Press” page;
– added photos from my second House Concert in Kemptville, and from The Kinkora Gala Fundraiser in Montreal, to the “Photos” page on my web site and to my MySpace page.
Happy April, everyone. Go with love!
With love and gratitude,