Hi Everyone –
Warm greetings and blessings to you all!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
As I hold the intention to create more SIMPLICITY and SPACE in my life, new thoughts and new experiences are flowing into it. In April, I talked about EASE and GRACE; in May, I talked about FOCUS; in June, I talked about RISK-TAKING; in July/August, I talked about ASKING FOR HELP. In September, I talked about SURRENDER.
This month, it’s about FULL ACCOUNTABILITY.
October is here, and I thought that my life would be slowing down into a new, more relaxed groove than in the past… NOT! In fact, things seem to be speeding up for me. I think that this is about me spending a great deal of time and energy clearing away the old to make way for the new; I also think that this is about my ego struggling with my commitment to SURRENDER…! Whatever the case may be, my other commitment is to living a life of FULL ACCOUNTABILITY, in which every moment is entirely my responsibility, and blame of any kind is not an option… Challenging? At times, absolutely; AND I’m also noticing that full accountability, like surrender, saves a LOT of time and effort. YAY and AMEN to that!
My sincerest THANKS to all of the men that I’ve met through The Mankind Project (http://mankindproject.org) for inspiring me to deepen MY exploration of FULL ACCOUNTABILITY. (If YOU have any suggestions for inspirational media that you’d like me to share in a future newsletter, or any thoughts or feelings that you’d like to share with me, please drop me a line at NathenAswell@Me.com – I’d love to hear from you.)
Here are my highlights from the last month or so:
– Performing at THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST NEW THOUGHT RALLY at CSL EUGENE (Eugene, OR). It was truly an honour and a privilege to be a part of the Powerhouse music team for this event, as well as to connect with old friends and to make new ones. THANKS to Rev. Linda Finley and her community for the opportunity to serve, and to Lisa and Skip McFarlane for being such gracious hosts!
– Performing at “SACRED JOURNEY”, a night commemorating REV. KATHRYN ANDERSON’s 16 years of service at UNITY OF VANCOUVER. I’ve performed countless times at Unity, AND I was absolutely blown away by the level of music making that occurred that night by all involved. (Ah, the power of LOVE!) THANKS, dear Rev. Kathryn, for all of your love and support over the years, and may you richly enjoy this next chapter of your journey. 🙂
– Performing at a HOUSE CONCERT WITH my dear friend ZOEY WREN at Nancy Newman’s home IN VANCOUVER. A special night indeed! THANKS to Zoey for being so mindful of ALL of the details involved in making a night like this truly happen, to Zoey’s partner Reuben for his excellent video and photography work, to Nancy and her family for opening their home to us, and to all the delicious souls who attended. MUCH love to you all. 🙂
– Performing at THE CANADIAN CIRCLE OF LOVE GATHERING (on QUADRA ISLAND, BC). I can’t tell you how sweet (and powerful) it is to be a part of a musical Dream Team like this. THANKS to all for the sacredness (and silliness!) of our shared music making, to Rev. Jill Brocklehurst for inviting us to come and PLAY in her community, and to Rev. David Leonard for his vision. 🙂
– BIG THANKS to all of you who voted for “Do That Thing” on the emPower Music & Arts web site. The song didn’t make it to the next “round” of the Posi Award nomination process, AND I’m very happy to report that I’ll be PERFORMING IN ORLANDO IN JANUARY as part of the 6TH ANNUAL POSI AWARDS. More details about this and other east coast events will be in upcoming newsletters.
– It gives me great pleasure to announce that I’ll be RETURNING TO OREGON to perform at CSL ROSEBURG (for a Sunday service AND a solo concert), AND to CALIFORNIA to perform at FAR-WEST (for showcases) and at SPIRITUAL CPL (for a Saturday concert and a Sunday service with SOUL CO-OP). (Details for all of these events are below.)
– On the HOME FRONT, I’ll be performing at a BENEFIT CONCERT FOR SCDL and at THE 10TH ANNUAL WORLD KINDNESS CONCERT. (Details for both events are below.)
Here’s what my entire CALENDAR looks like in the next month or so. I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events. (AND please remember that I welcome any and all opportunities to serve you with my music; just e-mail me with your ideas at NathenAswell@Me.com.)
10, 10:30 AM – Center for Spiritual Living Roseburg (Southgate Center, 1949 SE Stephens Street, Roseburg OR) – Church Service
10, 12:00 PM – Center for Spiritual Living Roseburg – Solo Concert http://cslroseburg.org/
17, 11:00 AM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Church Service
17, 7:00 PM – St. Andrew’s-Wesley (1012 Nelson Avenue, Vancouver BC) – Worship Service with Curt Allison
20, 7:00-10:00 PM – Angelica’s Bell Tower Theater (863 Main Street, Redwood City CA) – Showcase Evening for 2010 FAR-West Music Conference, with me, Driftwood Fire, Tin Cat, Amy Meyers, Michael Morales, Lynne Hanson, Mark Lemaire and Laura Zucker. No cover charge; please phone (650) 365-3226 for reservations. http://www.angelicasbistro.com/
21-24 – Santa Clara Convention Center (5001 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara CA) and adjoining Hyatt Regency Santa Clara (5101 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara CA) – 2010 FAR-West Music Conference. Private Showcase Schedule:
23, 11:30 PM – The Short And The Tall Of It Music Room, rm. #347
23 (24), 12:15 AM – ConcertsInYourHome.com, rm. #339
30 – 7:00 PM – Spiritual Center For Positive Living (3294 Royal Dr, Cameron Park, CA) – Concert with Soul Co-Op (Rev. Pattie Weber, Rita Harrington, Marcy Baruch and I) – $20. http://www.scpositiveliving.com/soulcoop.html
31, 10:30 AM – Spiritual Center For Positive Living (3294 Royal Dr, Cameron Park, CA) – Church Service with Soul Co-Op
3, 7:30 PM (Doors open at 7:00 PM) – Vancouver Masonic Centre (1495 West 8th Avenue, 4th Floor, Vancouver BC) – “Friends In Harmony” Benefit Concert for Spiritual Centre for Dynamic Living, featuring me, Perry Dickison, Denise Hagan, Ron Irving, Jonas & Jeanette, Robyn McCorquodale and Special Guests, plus SCDL’s Dynamic Ensemble under the direction of Barb Brolly. Tickets: adults $20, children & seniors $15, groups of 10 and more $15 each. Box Office (Visa/Mastercard): Call (604) 904-6543. Advance Tickets (Cash/Cheque): e-mail Robyn at http://www.robynsong.com/contact.html Tickets also available at the door.
6, 8:00 PM – Yoga on 7th (156 East 7th Avenue, Vancouver BC) – Universal Kirtan (Chanting) with Amir – By donation.
7, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (14600 North Bluff Road, Centennial Park, White Rock BC) – Church Service
14 & 15, 7:30 PM (Doors open at 6:30 PM, music begins at 7:00 PM, concert begins at 7:30 PM) – Vancouver East Cultural Centre (1895 Venebles Street, Vancouver BC) – 10th Annual “World Kindness Concert”. Tickets: $35 (plus tax), 4 for $100 (plus tax), or 10 for $300 (plus tax). http://www.worldkindnessconcert.com/
NEW WEB SITE CONTENT
As well as updating my “Calendar” and “Blog” pages, I’ve:
– added information about a “Musical Toolkit” to my “Music Store” page.
– added photos from The Canadian Circle Of Love Gathering, my House Concert with Zoey Wren, and The Pacific Northwest New Thought Rally to my “Photos” page.
– I’ve added a new comment (THANKS, dear Tina!) to my “Praise” page.
Happy October, everyone. Go with love!
With love and gratitude,