Hi Everyone –
Warm greetings and blessings to you all!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
Since last month’s newsletter – when I talked about feeling like a ship that has made a course correction – I’ve been noticing that I’m being called to go DEEPER…
Deeper into trust.
Deeper into surrender.
Despite my Virgo desire to get it all right all of the time, I DON’T know how things will unfold; AND, it now seems, I don’t NEED to know…
As I continue my journey, moving deeper into trust and surrender seems to be ENOUGH; the most amazing people, places and things are showing up on my path…
“Evidence” of this ABOUNDS in this newsletter – And I am truly, truly grateful for ALL of it!
With this in mind, I offer you this quote as a route into YOUR exploration of DEEPER:
“It’s tempting to grab onto rational explanations, half-truths, almosts, sorta kinda’s, etc. in our quest for authenticity. But if we are to engage in a deeper process of SOUL TRUTH, we must be willing to release our grasp on all of these and go empty-handed. Empty, unsure, and staring straight into the mystery of the unknown IS more true sometimes.”
THANKS to my dear friend McCall Erickson (www.McCallErickson.com) for inspiring me with these words in MY exploration of DEEPER.
How about YOU? How are you moving deeper into YOUR journey? I’d truly like to know, so please e-mail me at NathenAswell@me.com and share it with me – we’re ALL in this together, and we have much to learn from each other. 🙂
Here are my highlights from the last month or so:
– Performing at Unity of Edgewood in Edgewood, WA. What a vibrant community! THANKS to the incredible Rev. Darlene Strickland, for making me feel SO welcome; to Serni Solidarios, her much-in-demand Musical Director, for his kindness; and to Trinda Love, for her visit last summer to Unity of Vancouver BC, which started this whole adventure. 🙂
– Beginning to co-write with my talented colleague and dear friend Ron Irving (http://www.boutiquerecords.com/ron_bio.html). THANKS, dear Ron, for affirming me on my journey, for your insight and experienced ears, and for your willingness to PLAY with me!
– BUYING A HOUSE! Here’s the full story:
For the last few years, my wife Sheila and I have been wanting to live somewhere where we both feel more connected to nature…
The latest “wave” of discussion began in January, while we were vacationing in Maui…
A Google search for the sunniest place in the Greater Vancouver area revealed Tsawwassen (Tuh-WA-sin), which is 30 minutes south of Vancouver…
We have good friends that live in Tsawwassen, and we began spending many week nights and weekend days doing research and looking at properties…
We put a bid on a place in Tsawwassen on Tuesday Feb. 15th, and we didn’t get it. (BIG lesson in detachment – we had a LOT of feelings about not getting it!)…
A good friend of mine lives on a float home in a marina in Ladner (about 10 minutes north of Tsawwassen).
Some homes in the marina were for sale, and he let us know about them…
We saw a couple of them on Tuesday, Feb. 22nd, and we fell in love with one of them: a 3-storey, 1900 sq ft. home in immaculate condition…
The owner (and builder) is selling it to sail around the world, and we had a great connection with him…
We put a bid on it, and he accepted it…
On Friday, March 3rd, we signed all of the papers, and we take possession on May 2nd…
It’s all happened very quickly, AND we were READY.
THANKS to all who helped us to manifest this new chapter in our lives, especially our dear friends Sandra Dawn Nash and Godrey Nash; our loving realtor, Shelley Lawder; and our new neighbour and dear friend, Rev. Terry Shea!
– I am excited to announce that I’ll be PERFORMING AT ASILOMAR (in PACIFIC GROVE, CA) as part of the music team during the second week (AUG. 7-13) of the CSL CONFERENCE.
It’s not too early to register for either week of the conference! https://events.csl.org/index.php?option=com_registrationpro&view=event&Itemid=1&did=1
– It gives me great pleasure to announce that THIS MONTH, I’m RETURNING TO AZ (for two House Concerts, two Sunday services at New Vision CSL, and the annual ANTN conference) AND TO KELOWNA (for a House Concert and a Sunday service at CSL Kelowna). (Details are below.)
– On the HOME FRONT, I’ll be performing at UNITY OF VANCOUVER’s annual METAPHYSICAL MARDI GRAS COFFEE HOUSE. (Details are below.)
– AND – THE EUPHORICS (a cappella quartet) will be making a few rare appearances! (Details are below.)
Here’s what my ENTIRE CALENDAR looks like in the next month or so. I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events. (AND please remember that I welcome any and all opportunities to serve you with my music; just e-mail me with your ideas at NathenAswell@Me.com.)
5, 8:00 PM – Yoga on 7th (156 East 7th Avenue, Vancouver BC) – Universal Kirtan (Chanting) with Amir – By donation
6, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (14600 North Bluff Road, Centennial Park, White Rock BC) – Church Service
8, 7:30 PM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak St., Vancouver BC) – Metaphysical Mardi Gras Coffeehouse Concert
12, 7:30 PM (doors open at 7:00 PM) – House Concert at Underground Oasis (904 N Tucana, Gilbert AZ) – $12. (Space is limited, so please contact Paul Pfaffenberger ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.)
13, 9:00 and 11:00 AM – New Vision Center for Spiritual Living (18010 N. Tatum Boulevard, Phoenix AZ) – Church Services
13, 7:00-9:30 PM – The Land of Ahhs (8175 E. Raintree Drive, Scottsdale AZ) – Concert with Marcy Baruch – Suggested love offering, $20. Please RSVP to email@example.com or call (480) 483-4666.
14-18 – Franciscan Renewal Centre / Casa de Paz y Bien (5802 E. Lincoln Drive, Scottsdale AZ) – ANTN (Affiliated New Thought Network) Conference
19, 7:30 PM (doors open at 7:00 PM) – House Concert (Kelowna BC) – $15. (Space is limited, so please contact Barb Samuel ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org / (250) 215-0911 to reserve your spot and to get details on the concert’s location.)
20, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living Kelowna (1375 Water Street, Kelowna BC) – Church Service
28, 7:00 PM (doors open at 6:30) – House Concert (Vancouver BC) with The Euphorics (a cappella quartet) – $20. (Space is limited, so please contact Bing Jensen ASAP at email@example.com / (604) 253-0058 to reserve your spot and to get details on the concert’s location.)
30, 7:30 PM – Masonic Hall (Lillooet BC) – Concert with The Euphorics (a cappella quartet) – $20 adults / $5 children. www.lillooetmusic.com
1, 8:00 PM – Langham Theatre (447 A Avenue, Kaslo BC) – Concert with The Euphorics (a cappella quartet) – $15 / $18 at the door. www.thelangham.ca/theatre.html
2, 7:30 PM – Silverton Memorial Hall (Silverton BC) – Concert with The Euphorics (a cappella quartet) – By donation. http://valhallafinearts.org/concerts/index.html
10,10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (14600 North Bluff Road, Centennial Park, White Rock BC) – Church Service
NEW WEB SITE CONTENT
As well as updating my “Calendar” and “Blog” pages, I’ve:
– added links to two new YouTube videos (“Little By Little” and “About the NS Stick”) on my “Audio/Video” page;
– added the lyrics to a new song (“I Love You [Sheila’s Song]”) to my “Lyrics” page;
– added photos of our new home (!) and of my visit to Unity of Edgewood, WA to my “Photos” page;
– added new comments (THANKS, dear Darlene, CK, Diane, Jennie, Mari, Tracey, Nancy, Wendy, Lisa, Kat, Colleen, Dorothy and Melissa!) to my “Praise” page;
– added a link to Seva Canada (www.Seva.ca) on my “Links” page. (Seva Canada’s mission is to restore sight and prevent blindness in the developing world, and I’ve made a commitment to donate a portion of my performance fees to their important work.)
Happy March, everyone. Go with LOVE! 🙂
With love and gratitude,