Hi Everyone –
Warm greetings and blessings to you all!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
An amazing thing is happening to me: After being a “doer” for most of my life – busily running around, taking care of all kinds of things and priding myself on being a “detail guy” – I’m learning to just BE – ! Ever so slowly, I’m discovering and exploring the space between events and choosing to NOT fill that space with more “stuff”… And in the process, I’m happier, more at peace and (of course!) getting more “done” than I ever have. AMEN to letting go and letting GOD!
THANKS (again!) to Amanda Owen for writing “The Power of Receiving” (which I’m now re-reading to let its lessons sink in even more deeply) and to Jeri Goldstein, my dear career coach (www.PerformingBiz.com) for recommending Amanda’s book to me.
How about YOU? How are you doing with YOUR process of BE-ing? I’d truly like to know, so please e-mail me at NathenAswell@me.com and share it with me – we’re ALL in this together, and we have much to learn from each other. 🙂
Here are my highlights from the last month or so:
– Attending the North West New Thought Music Forum at Seattle Unity. BIG THANKS to Erin McGaughan for creating such a rich opportunity for many like-hearted performers and music directors to meet and talk, and for being SO organized!
at “Heart Sing” (a sing along concert) at Tsawwassen United Church with my dear friends Sandra Dawn Nash (vocals, piano) and Shawn Soucy (percussion, vocals). THANKS, dear Sandra, for manifesting an event that allowed both YOU to shine and your congregation to really participate! XO
at Unity of the Valley in White Rock. Thanks to Rev. Julie Montague and her music team for making me feel so welcome. 🙂
at a House Concert at with B.J. Schmidt. THANKS, dear B.J., for your ease and grace (and frequent beautiful laughter!), to Grace for opening her home and her heart to us, and to all who attended and showered us with love and appreciation. (SPECIAL THANKS to Revs. Austin and Mary Hennessey for their deep love and support – I truly treasure you both!)
– Having my music reach a wider audience via the Internet – !
On July 31st, my song “DO THAT THING” will be featured on the emPOWER Music and Arts web site (http://www.empowerma.com/). THANKS to Sue Riley for being one of my Angels. 🙂
And in May, my song “LITTLE BY LITTLE” was featured on a program hosted my Miriam Knight on Positive World Network Radio. (The archive for Miriam’s programs can be found here: http://pwrnradio.com/archive-new-consciousness-review-with-miriam-knight). THANKS to Scott Johnson of the Positive Music Association for being another one of my Angels!
– I’m very excited about two upcoming trips. The first is to CALGARY for three events: a WORKSHOP demonstrating my instrument, the NS Stick; a HOUSE CONCERT; and a CHURCH SERVICE at UNITY CHURCH OF CALGARY (in which I’ll be providing both the music and the talk.) (Details for all three events are below.)
The second trip is to CALIFORNIA for four events: Performing with my dear friend Karie Hillery at a “FLOATATHON” (!) in BEN LOMOND; performing at PACIFIC COAST CHURCH in PACIFIC GROVE; being a part of the music team at the 2011 CSL ASILOMAR EXPERIENCE in PACIFIC GROVE; and performing at CSL MONTEREY. (Details for all four events are below.)
– And in October, I’ll be performing at the FAR-WEST CONFERENCE in EUGENE, OR. My song “MORE THAN ENOUGH” is now a part of a ReverbNation playlist featuring artists that will be at the conference. (Here’s a link to the playlist: http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/artist_songs/226139). THANKS to Jeanette Lundgren for putting this playlist together, and for ALL of the skills that she’s bringing to FAR-West!
– It gives me great pleasure to announce that I’ll be providing music for the Ministerial Graduation Ceremony of the students of my dear friend Rev. Terry Shea at the GENESIS GLOBAL SPIRITUAL CENTER in BURIEN, WA. (Details are below.)
– On the HOME FRONT, I’ll be leading KIRTAN right in my new neighbourhood (!) with my dear friend Sandra Dawn Nash, and performing at CSL WHITE ROCK with Sandra Dawn Nash (with our good friend and supporter Rev. Sophia Ducey as guest speaker). (Details are below.)
Here’s what my ENTIRE CALENDAR looks like in the next month or so. I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events. (AND please remember that I welcome any and all opportunities to serve you with my music; just e-mail me with your ideas at NathenAswell@Me.com.)
30, 1:00-4:00 PM – Unity Church of Calgary (2035 26A Street SW, Calgary) – NS Stick Workshop – $15 at the door, or 2 for $25 online through Sheryl at www.EvolvingDoors.ca / SGuillaume@shaw.ca / (403) 293-4952
30, 7:00 PM – Calgary House Concert (Jon Lord’s Garden Party – 1417 Council Way SW, Calgary) – $20 in advance (includes snacks and music; drink tickets $5 each) online through Sheryl at www.EvolvingDoors.ca / SGuillaume@shaw.ca / (403) 293-4952, or from Casablanca Video (2101 – 33 Avenue SW). (Bring your own lawn chair; if it rains, we’ll move indoors.)
31, 10:00 AM – Unity Church of Calgary (2035 26A Street SW, Calgary) – Church Service (Providing the music AND the talk: “Where there’s a will, there’s…”)
5, 7:00 PM – Coming Home hEARTH Temenos, afloat the Fraser River in Ladner BC (for the address, please e-mail Vivienne Grace at email@example.com) – Kirtan evening with Sandra Dawn Nash – $15
6, 5:00 PM – Be And Be Well (301 Kessler Drive, Ben Lomond CA) – Floatathon, with music by Karie Hillery and I. (For more information, please visit
7, 10:00 AM – Pacific Coast Church (522 Central Avenue, Pacific Grove CA) – Church Service
7-13 – Asilomar Conference Grounds (800 Asilomar Avenue, Pacific Grove CA) – 2011 CSL Asilomar Experience. (For more information, please visit http://asilomar.csl.org)
14, 10:30 AM – CSL Monterey (400 West Franklin Street, Monterey CA) – Church Service
20, 2:00-3:15 PM – Christian Science Sanctuary (within Genesis Global Spiritual Center, 233 South 156th Street, Burien WA) – Ministerial Graduation Ceremony for students of Rev. Terry Shea
21, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (14600 North Bluff Road, Centennial Park, White Rock BC) – Church Service w/ special guest Sandra Dawn (Guest Speaker: Rev. Sophia Ducey)
28, 11:00 AM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Church Service
4, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (14600 North Bluff Road, Centennial Park, White Rock BC) – Church Service
NEW WEB SITE CONTENT
As well as updating my “Calendar” and “Blog” pages, I’ve:
– added a photo from the recent “Heart Sing” sing along concert in Tsawwassen to my “Photos” page;
– added new comments (THANKS, dear Sandi, Don, Lisa Maria, Shelley, Sandra Lee, Sandi, McCall, Donna, Jennie, Pauline, Shirley, Marion, Mahalia, Trinity, Amir, Ellen, Tony – I greatly appreciate EVERY word!) to my “Praise” page.
Happy July and August, everyone. Go with LOVE! 🙂
With love and gratitude,
www.Facebook.com/Nathen.Aswell (I’d be honoured to have you as a Facebook friend)