Hi Everyone –
Warm greetings and blessings to you all!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
BIG thanks to all of you who wrote to me to share what HOME means for you; I was very moved by your stories.
(I’ve posted them all on the “Feedback” page of my web site, www.NathenAswell.com.)
As I travel more and more, my appreciation for my relationship with Sheila and for our magnificent floating home grows. Both truly ARE grounding me AND teaching me to live “in the flow” – and I am very, very grateful to be able to live in the middle of that delicious paradox.
And so – feeling both grounded and in the flow – I’m ready for something new.
I’ve started reading Ernest Holmes’ “Science Of Mind”, and these words are really exciting me:
“Here and now, we are surrounded by, and immersed in, an Infinite Good. How much of this Infinite Good is ours? ALL OF IT! And how much of It may we have to use? AS MUCH OF IT AS WE CAN EMBODY.”
WOW! NO LIMITS!
It sure seems that way; since the beginning of this year, I’ve been “trying this on” – inspired by Holmes’ words, my new mantra has been “open wide the floodgates” – and truly amazing things are happening within me (a deep sense of calm and purpose) and around me (as you’ll see in my “Report” below) with ease and grace. Life is an adventure, so I’m going to keep saying YES to this “experiment” and see what happens!
How about you? Wanna say YES and “open wide the floodgates”? I’d truly like to know, so please e-mail me at NathenAswell@me.com and share your thoughts and feelings with me; we’re ALL in this together, and we have much to learn from each other. 🙂
Here are my highlights from the last two months or so:
– Performing at a WIDE variety of local Christmas-season events (Christmas In The Round, Oppenheimer Christmas Dinner, Unity of Vancouver’s Candlelighting Service, CSL White Rock’s Christmas Eve Service, Christmas Caroling at Delta Hospital on Christmas Day, Kirtan on New Year’s Eve with Amir, and on my own on New Year’s Day at St. Paul’s Labyrinth). BIG thanks to ALL of the talented folks involved in these events; it gives me great joy to make music with each of you. XO
– Performing and recording in Atlanta with my good friend and co-writing buddy Jennifer Ferren, and with my dear friend Penelope Williams and her talented crew at Spiritual Living Center of Atlanta. THANKS, dear friends; I LOVED my first taste of the south, and I look forward to returning as soon (and as often) as I can! XO
– Co-writing, performing, and enjoying a million OTHER kinds of rich moments at this year’s Posi Music Festival In Orlando. (I even managed to “sneak out” in the middle of the weekend and have a fantastic time performing at First Unity of St. Petersburg!) I am truly blessed to be a part of the tribe that gathers annually for this event, and truly grateful to Sue Riley & Richard Mekdeci and their tireless team for ALL that they do to make this dream a reality. Much, MUCH love to you all. XO
– Performing at a House Concert in Snohomish, WA with my new friend and great singer/songwriter Larry Murante. THANKS to Mike Morales, mutual friend and host who had the vision to bring Larry and me together, and to Larry for a fantastic night of music making!
– Performing at Seattle Unity with the uber-talented (and VERY funny!) Erin McGaughan and her terrific crew. THANKS, dear Erin; let’s do this again, and SOON! 🙂
– Performing at a House Concert in White Rock, BC. THANKS to Shirley Henderson for hosting it, and to many of her neighbours for saying YES to a new adventure! 🙂
– Writing and performing a new song for Rev. Terry Shea’s new monthly Satsang, and writing and performing a new song for Rev. Terry’s Sunday Service (both at CSL White Rock). My intention is to write one new chant and one new song every month of this year, so TWO new CDs are being born! Thanks, dear Terry, for always inspiring me! XO
– Performing at Lorne Mallin’s “Chanting And Chocolate”. Hebrew chanting – wow! THANKS, dear Lorne, for the invitation to make music with you and to learn more about this beautiful music and language. 🙂
On the ROAD:
– In February, I’ll be in Portland for a House Concert and for a Church Service. (Details are below.)
– In March, I’ll be in Montreal to perform at The Yellow Door (where I did my first professional gig at age 15 with Don Ross / www.gobyfish.com – !) and in Kemptville (near Ottawa) for a House Concert. (Details are below.)
On the HOME FRONT:
– Kirtan with Amir, an afternoon concert at Brock House, a Coffee House at Unity of Vancouver, Satsang with Rev. Terry Shea, and Chanting and Chocolate with Lorne Mallin. Wow! (Details are below.)
Here’s what my ENTIRE CALENDAR looks like in the next month or so. I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events. (AND please remember that I welcome any and all opportunities to serve you with my music; just e-mail me with your ideas at NathenAswell@me.com.)
4, 8:00 PM – Yoga on 7th (156 East 7th Avenue, Vancouver BC) – Universal Kirtan (Chanting) with Amir – By donation.
5, 11:00 AM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Church Service (http://unityofvancouver.org)
8, 1:45 PM – Brock House Society (3875 Point Grey Road, Vancouver BC) – Concert – $6 (Members only). To become a member, and to get more information, please visit
18, 8:00 PM (Doors open at 7:30) – Michael Doss, Terra Bundance and All One Family, LLC (www.AllOneFamilyLLC.com) present a House Concert with me in Clackamas, OR – $15. (Space is limited, so please contact Terra Bundance ASAP at WeAreAllOneInfo@gmail.com to reserve your spot and to get details on the concert’s location. To reserve a spot with your credit card, please contact me at NathenAswell@me.com. Raw Chocolate will be shared at the beginning of the concert, and simple snacks and alcoholic drinks will be provided at intermission.)
19, 11:00 AM – Portland Center for Spiritual Living (6211 NE Martin Luther King Boulevard, Portland OR) – Church Service (www.pcsl.us)
21, 7:30 PM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Metaphysical Mardi Gras Coffeehouse Concert, featuring several artists including Russell Marsland & me – Love offering. (http://unityofvancouver.org)
22, 6:30 PM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Semiahmoo House, 15306 24th Avenue, South Surrey BC) – Satsang (www.csl-whiterock.com)
26, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Semiahmoo House, 15306 24th Avenue, South Surrey BC) – Church Service (www.csl-whiterock.com)
26, 7:30 PM – Sourcepoint (3263 Heather Street, Vancouver BC) – Chanting & Chocolate (Sacred Hebrew Chanting) – By donation. (www.chantingandchocolate.com/)
3, 8:30 PM – Yellow Door (3625 Aylmer, Montreal QC) – Concert – $10 / $8 for students. (www.YellowDoor.org)
5, 7:00 PM (doors open at 6:30 PM) – House Concert in Kemptville, ON – $15 / $10 for children under 18. (Space is limited, so please RSVP with Ellen at email@example.com ASAP to reserve a spot and to get details on the concert’s location.)
25, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Semiahmoo House, 15306 24th Avenue, South Surrey BC) – Church Service (www.csl-whiterock.com)
25, 7:30 PM – Sourcepoint (3263 Heather Street, Vancouver BC) – Chanting & Chocolate (Sacred Hebrew Chanting) – By donation. (www.chantingandchocolate.com/)
28, 6:30 PM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Semiahmoo House, 15306 24th Avenue, South Surrey BC) – Satsang (www.csl-whiterock.com)
NEW WEB SITE CONTENT
As well as updating my “Calendar” and “Blog” pages (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page7/page7.html and http://www.nathenaswell.com/page8/page8.html), I’ve:
– added some new places to the “Recent Performances” list on my “Bio/Press” page (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page2/page2.html), and to my Bio on the “Services” page (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page6/page6.html);
– added the words to a new song (“I Say Yes”) and updated the words to a song (“River Song”) on my “Lyrics” page (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page4/page4.html);
– added many new photos of my trips to WA, FL and GA to my “Photos” page (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page9/page9.html);
– added new comments (THANKS, dear Shirley, Irene, Dino, Larry, Dorothy, Stowe, Karen, Alan, Jenny, Rev. David, Daisy, Charonne, Lauri, David, Toresa, Teri, Catherine, Greg, Sora, Donna, Ben, Beverley, Jennie, Jerry, Brenda, Kim, Caterina, Peggy, Cindy, Joyanna, Mahalia, Conall, Dave, and Brook – I greatly appreciate EVERY word!) to my “Feedback” page (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page10/page10.html);
– added a link to Lorne Mallin’s “Chanting And Chocolate” web page to my “Links” page (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page11/page11.html)
Happy February, everyone. I invite you to say YES and “open wide the floodgates”, and to go with LOVE!
With love and gratitude,
www.Facebook.com/Nathen.Aswell (I’d be honoured to have you as a Facebook friend)