Hi Everyone –
Warm greetings and blessings to you all!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
BIG thanks to all of you who wrote to me to share your thoughts and feelings about saying YES and “opening wide the floodgates”. (I’ve posted them all on the “Feedback” page of my web site, www.NathenAswell.com.)
My commitment to saying YES continues, AND there are times when I can’t seem to KEEP the floodgates open wide… Why is that? What’s missing from my understanding?
Last October, a dear friend of mine gifted me with a set of CDs that she’d made for me of radio broadcasts of Ernest Holmes. Driving to and from Portland OR in February presented the perfect opportunity to give them the time and attention they deserved, so I took them with me… And I’m very glad I did, because they provided an important answer: FAITH.
For years, I’ve thought of LOVE as the opposite of fear; Holmes states that it is FAITH.
In the “The Science Of Mind”, Holmes says that fear is “nothing more or less than the negative use of faith”, and that all fears “arise from the belief that God is not all that we claim: Omniscience, Omnipotence, and Omnipresence.”
The solution? 1) “If we are to have an active faith – the faith OF God instead of merely a faith IN God – our thought must be centered in Universal Mind. We are convinced that under Divine Law all things are possible, if we only BELIEVE, and work in conformity with the principles of that Law. 2) Such a faith does not spring full-orbed into being, but grows by knowledge and experience. No matter what the outside appearance, we must cling steadfastly to the knowledge that God is good, and God is all, underneath, above and round that.”
And so… my daily prayer now becomes “In FAITH, I surrender this day to Perfect Love (my expression for God). May all that I think, all that I say, and all that I do be an expression of Perfect Love… For God is good and God is ALL.”
How about YOU? What prevents you from saying YES and KEEPING the floodgates open? I’d truly like to know, so please e-mail me at NathenAswell@me.com and share your thoughts and feelings with me; we’re ALL in this together, and we have much to learn from each other. 🙂
Here are my highlights from the last month or so:
– Being a guest writer on my dear friend Petey Silveira’s blog. (You can read it here: http://www.newpathwaytohealing.com/blog/a-new-beginning-open-wide-the-floodgates/) THANKS, dear Petey, for your loving words of support and for the opportunity to serve you and your readers. 🙂
– Performing in the Portland, OR area at a House Concert (in Clackamas) and at CSL Portland. THANKS to my hosts, Terra Bundance and Michael Doss, for opening their home and hearts to me and for introducing me to some of their incredibly delicious friends; to Linda Rossi and her talented musical crew for the pleasure of making music with them; and to Rev. Sharon Lee Foley, for her kind words about my contribution to her service. (I’ve posted them on the “Feedback” page of my web site under “20/2/12”). SPECIAL THANKS to Terra Bundance, for making the whole trip a sweet reality. (Terra, you ROCK! XOXO)
– Performing at Unity of Vancouver’s “Metaphysical Mardi Gras” with my buddy Russell Marsland. THANKS, dear brother, for letting your heart shine through in every note that you sing and play. XOXO
– Composing and performing two more new songs for Rev. Terry Shea – one at his monthly Satsang, and one at his Sunday service in CSL White Rock. THANKS to Terry and to everyone in his congregation for their enthusiasm about my creative process! 🙂
– Performing at The Yellow Door in Montreal (the FIRST place that I ever played professionally!). THANKS to all of my dear Montreal friends who were a part of this truly magical night, and SPECIAL THANKS to my old pal Larry Cassini and his lovely gal Holly Fleming for hosting the show. XOXO
– Performing my THIRD House Concert in Kemptville, ON. BIG THANKS to my Mom for modelling loving service for me, and to her beautiful community for supporting both her and I. XOXO
On the ROAD:
– From March 7-14, you can download my song “Little By Little” from emPOWER Music & Arts in Elfers, FL for free! (Details are below.)
– On March 26th, I’ll be a guest on “The INNER VIEW”, a radio show on the Spiritual Journeys Radio Network in Dallas, TX. (Details are below.)
– In April, I’ll be in Phoenix, AZ for Church Services and for a Spiritual Conference. (Details are below.)
On the HOME FRONT:
– Church Services at Unity of Vancouver and CSL White Rock, Satsang with Rev. Terry Shea, Chanting and Chocolate with Lorne Mallin, and Delegate at Pacific Contact. (Details are below.)
Here’s what my ENTIRE CALENDAR looks like in the next month or so. I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events. (AND please remember that I welcome any and all opportunities to serve you with my music; just e-mail me with your ideas at NathenAswell@me.com.)
7-14 – My song “Little By Little” is available as a free download all week from emPOWER Music and Arts (www.empowerma.com)
18, 11:00 AM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Church Service (http://unityofvancouver.org)
21, 7:00 PM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Semiahmoo House, 15306 24th Avenue, South Surrey BC) – Satsang (www.csl-whiterock.com)
25, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Semiahmoo House, 15306 24th Avenue, South Surrey BC) – Church Service (www.csl-whiterock.com)
25, 7:30 PM – Sourcepoint (3263 Heather Street, Vancouver BC) – Chanting & Chocolate (Sacred Hebrew Chanting) – By donation. (www.chantingandchocolate.com/)
26, 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM (10:30 AM – 12:30 PM CST) – Spiritual Journeys Radio Network (Dallas, TX) – Guest on “The INNER VIEW” (www.TheInnerView.net)
31, 8:00 AM – 10:30 PM – Delegate at Pacific Contact, Hilton Vancouver Metrotown (Burnaby BC) (http://bctouring.org/pacific-contact)
1, 11:00 AM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Church Service (http://unityofvancouver.org)
7, 8:00 PM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Semiahmoo House, 15306 24th Avenue, South Surrey BC) – Taizé celebration of the Easter Vigil (www.csl-whiterock.com)
15, 9:00 and 11:00 AM – New Vision Center for Spiritual Living (18010 N. Tatum Boulevard, Phoenix AZ) – Church Services (http://www.newvisionaz.org/)
16-20 – Franciscan Renewal Centre / Casa de Paz y Bien (5802 E. Lincoln Drive, Scottsdale AZ) – ANTN (Affiliated New Thought Network) Conference (http://www.newthought.org/)
22, 10:00 AM – Unity of Chandler / Unity of Divine Love (325 N. Austin Drive, Suite 4, Chandler AZ) – Church Service (http://unityofchandler.org/)
25, 7:00 PM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Semiahmoo House, 15306 24th Avenue, South Surrey BC) – Satsang (www.csl-whiterock.com)
29, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Semiahmoo House, 15306 24th Avenue, South Surrey BC) – Church Service (www.csl-whiterock.com)
29, 7:30 PM – Sourcepoint (3263 Heather Street, Vancouver BC) – Chanting & Chocolate (Sacred Hebrew Chanting) – By donation. (www.chantingandchocolate.com/)
NEW WEB SITE CONTENT
As well as updating my “Calendar” and “Blog” pages (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page7/page7.html and https://www.nathenaswell.com/page8/page8.html), I’ve:
– added some new places to the “Recent Performances” list on my “Bio/Press” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page2/page2.html), and to my Bio on the “Services” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page6/page6.html);
– added a video of a new chant (“I Am Light”) to my “Audio/Video” page (http:www.nathenaswell.com/page3/page3.html);
– added the words to a new song (“Love Is All Of Us”) on my “Lyrics” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page4/page4.html);
– added new photos of my House Concert in Kemptville to my “Photos” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page9/page9.html);
– changed several of the background photos on my web pages (please let me know what you think!);
– added new comments (THANKS, dear Fr. Mike, Craig, John, Leon & Stefanie, Gord, Arleen, Pauline, Holly, David, Linda, Mary, Rev. Sharon, Terra, Stasia, Dave, Zoey, Sue, Charonne, Jana, Kim, Sandra, Shirley, Frances, Christine, Mahalia, Gerona, Jeanette, Russell, Kirsten, Heather, Kathy, Colleen, Mark & Amy, K.G., and David – I greatly appreciate EVERY word!) to my “Feedback” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page10/page10.html).
I’ve also increased my social network presence; you can now find me on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and LinkedIn. (All of my online addresses are below.)
Happy March, everyone. I invite you to say YES, KEEP the floodgates open, and to go with LOVE!
With love and gratitude,