Hi Everyone –
Warm greetings and blessings to you all!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
BIG thanks to all of you who wrote to me to share your thoughts and feelings about what prevents you from saying YES and KEEPING the floodgates open. (I’ve posted them all on the “Feedback” page of my web site, www.NathenAswell.com.)
My commitment to saying YES continues, and I’m now pondering the opposite question: What HELPS me to say YES to a limitless life and to KEEP the floodgates open?
FAITH, as I mentioned last month, is an important tool in my toolbox, and I’m happy to have reclaimed it and to be making a conscious effort to more fully develop it. What I’m noticing (and celebrating!) this month is PERSEVERANCE.
A quick search online led me to some powerful definitions for perseverance: (1) Steadfastness in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success. (2) Continuance in a state of grace leading finally to a state of glory.
I’m now in the fourth month of my year-long commitment/experiment to create a new song and a new chant every month, and my steadfastness to doing so is most definitely resulting in a state of grace: the volume of my “inner judge” that says that I’m not creative is diminishing (how can that be true when there’s mounting evidence to the contrary?); my songs and chants are coming to me more easily; recording them is getting more and more fun; and I’m noticing that I’m happier than I’ve ever been (I literally now have moments where I stop to laugh out loud!) and that I “don’t sweat the small stuff” like I used to… Leading finally to a state of glory? Sounds GREAT to me! Count me IN! 🙂
How about YOU? What HELPS you to say YES to a limitless life and to KEEP the floodgates open? I’d truly like to know, so please e-mail me at NathenAswell@me.com and share your thoughts and feelings with me; we’re ALL in this together, and we have much to learn from each other. 🙂
Here are my highlights from the last month or so:
– Noticing how the gift of perseverance is blessing ALL aspects of my performances… How every Church Service that I’m a part of is more prayerful, more meaningful… How happy I am to have more of my own music to offer… How there’s more ease and grace in creating music with other like-hearted musicians. BIG THANKS to Rev. Glenn and Martha Mosley at Unity of Vancouver, Rev. Terry Shea at CSL White Rock, my dear pal Russell Marsland, and my new friends in the “Chanting and Chocolate” ensemble for being a rich part of my journey. XO
– Noticing how the gift of perseverance is blessing ALL aspects of my creative process, including drawing other like-hearted artists into my life and developing co-writing relationships with them. BIG THANKS to Jana Stanfield, JD Martin, Robert Anderson, Karen Drucker, Sue K Riley, Glen Roethel, and Jennifer Ferren for “playing in the sandbox” with me and for teaching me many important lessons. XO
On the ROAD:
– ARIZONA! Church Services at New Vision CSL in Phoenix, ANTN conference in Scottsdale, Church Service at Unity of Chandler. (Details are below.)
– Church Service at Unity of South Sound (formerly known as Unity of Edgewood) in Federal Way, WA. (Details are below.)
– Church Service at CSL Kelowna. (Details are below.)
– BIG NEWS!!!
(1) I’ll be providing music with Jana Stanfield at Jack Canfield’s Breakthrough To Success retreat in Scottsdale AZ in August! More details are here: http://www.canfieldtrainings.com/
(2) I’ll be returning to Asilomar in August to be a part of the music team for the 2012 CSL Asilomar Retreat! More details are here: http://asilomar.csl.org
On the HOME FRONT:
– Church Service at CSL White Rock, Satsang with Rev. Terry Shea, Jazz Vespers with The Euphorics, Chanting and Chocolate with Lorne Mallin. (Details are below.)
Here’s what my ENTIRE CALENDAR looks like in the next month or so. I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events. (AND please remember that I welcome any and all opportunities to serve you with my music; just e-mail me with your ideas at NathenAswell@me.com.)
7, 8:00 PM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Semiahmoo House, 15306 24th Avenue, South Surrey BC) – Taizé celebration of the Easter Vigil (www.csl-whiterock.com)
15, 9:00 and 11:00 AM – New Vision Center for Spiritual Living (18010 N. Tatum Boulevard, Phoenix AZ) – Church Services (http://www.newvisionaz.org/)
16-20 – Franciscan Renewal Centre / Casa de Paz y Bien (5802 E. Lincoln Drive, Scottsdale AZ) – ANTN (Affiliated New Thought Network) Conference (http://www.newthought.org/)
22, 10:00 AM – Unity of Chandler / Unity of Divine Love (325 N. Austin Drive, Suite 4, Chandler AZ) – Church Service (http://unityofchandler.org/)
25, 7:00 PM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Semiahmoo House, 15306 24th Avenue, South Surrey BC) – Satsang (www.csl-whiterock.com)
29, 4:00 PM – Highlands United Church (3255 Edgemont Boulevard, North Vancouver BC) – Jazz Vespers with The Euphorics (http://www.euphorics.com/)
29, 7:30 PM – Sourcepoint (3263 Heather Street, Vancouver BC) – Chanting & Chocolate (Sacred Hebrew Chanting) – By donation. (www.chantingandchocolate.com/)
6, 10:00 AM – Unity of South Sound (Knutzen Family Theatre at Dumas Bay Centre, 3200 SW Dash Point Road, Federal Way WA) – Church Service (http://www.unityedgewood.org/)
13, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living Kelowna (Kelowna Community Theatre, 1375 Water Street, Kelowna, BC) – Church Service (http://kelowna.csl.org/)
NEW WEB SITE CONTENT
As well as updating my “Calendar” and “Blog” pages (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page7/page7.html and http://www.nathenaswell.com/page8/page8.html), I’ve:
– added some new places to the “Recent Performances” list on my “Bio/Press” page (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page2/page2.html), and to my Bio on the “Services” page (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page6/page6.html);
– added a video (“Video Highlights, 2010-2011”) to my “Audio/Video” page (http:www.nathenaswell.com/page3/page3.html);
– added the words to a new song (“Spirit Is Calling”) and three new chants (“Here I Am”, “I Am Light” and “One God”) on my “Lyrics” page (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page4/page4.html);
– added new comments (THANKS, dear Marion, Trudi, Trinity, Katherine, Rev. Martha, Nicole, Craig, Ty, Joy, Jennie, Dan, Nancy & Peter, Marj, Daisy, Jason, Christopher, Barbara, Russell, Robyn, Mahalia, Michael, Val, Ben, Petey and Jana – I greatly appreciate EVERY word!) to my “Feedback” page (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page10/page10.html).
You can now find me on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and LinkedIn. (All of my online addresses are below.)
Happy April, everyone. I invite you to ponder what HELPS you to say YES to a limitless life and to KEEP the floodgates open, and to go with LOVE!
With love and gratitude,