Hi Everyone –
Warm greetings and blessings to you all!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
BIG thanks to all of you who wrote to me to share your thoughts and feelings about what HELPS you to say YES to a limitless life and KEEP the floodgates open. (I’ve posted them all on the “Feedback” page of my web site, www.NathenAswell.com.)
My commitment to saying YES continues – and, as it does, my awareness of the tools that HELP me to do so is increasing. In March, I talked about FAITH; in April, I talked about PERSEVERANCE. This month, I’m noticing (and celebrating!) both COMMUNITY and SOLITUDE.
I’ve always been a “self-starter” kind of guy. The gift in this is that I get things DONE, both for myself and for others; the challenge in this is ALLOWING the wisdom and experience of others to be a part of MY process! Thankfully, I’m getting better at asking for help – NONE of us can be great at EVERYTHING – and, as a result, things are getting done much more quickly and easily, and I’m having a lot more FUN. YES, YAY, and AMEN!
AND, I’m also making sure to enjoy time in silence… To stop, to meditate, to breathe in the beauty that surrounds and envelops my beautiful floating home (or wherever I may be)… To ground myself.
BLESSED and GRATEFUL am I for the gifts of COMMUNITY and SOLITUDE.
How about YOU? How do COMMUNITY and SOLITUDE help YOU to say YES to a limitless life and KEEP the floodgates open? I’d truly like to know, so please e-mail me at NathenAswell@me.com and share your thoughts and feelings with me; we’re ALL in this together, and we have much to learn from each other. 🙂
Here are my highlights from the last month or so:
– Noticing how my sense of community is ever-growing… That everywhere I go, I get to PLAY with like-hearted people.
BIG THANKS to Frank Smith and the crew at New Vision CSL in Phoenix, my sisters in Soul Co-Op, Jami Lula, Zephryn Conte at Unity of Chandler, my dear friends in The Euphorics, and Rev. Terry Shea and the community of CSL White Rock for being a rich part of my journey. XO
– Noticing (with delight and excitement!) how my co-writing community is also ever-growing. BIG THANKS to Jana Stanfield, JD Martin, Robert Anderson, Karen Drucker, Sue K Riley, Glen Roethel, Jennifer Ferren, and Jeanette & Jonas for dancing with me. wooHOO! XO
On the ROAD:
– (In May) Church Services at Unity of South Sound (Federal Way, WA) and CSL Kelowna (Kelowna, BC). (Details are below.)
– (In June) WA mini-tour! House Concert (Kirkland), Egan’s Ballard Jam House (Seattle), House Concert (Federal Way), Church Services (Tacoma and Seattle). (Details are below.)
– BIG NEWS!!!
(1) I’ll be returning to Asilomar in July/August to be a part of the music team for the 2012 CSL Asilomar Retreat! More details are here: http://asilomar.csl.org
(2) I’ll be providing music with Jana Stanfield at Jack Canfield’s Breakthrough To Success retreat in Scottsdale AZ in August! More details are here: http://www.canfieldtrainings.com/
On the HOME FRONT:
– Church Services at Unity of Vancouver and CSL White Rock, Satsang with Rev. Terry Shea, Chanting and Chocolate with Lorne Mallin, Kirtan with Amir. (Details are below.)
Here’s what my ENTIRE CALENDAR looks like in the next month or so. I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events. (AND please remember that I welcome any and all opportunities to serve you with my music; just e-mail me with your ideas at NathenAswell@me.com.)
6, 10:00 AM – Unity of South Sound (Knutzen Family Theatre at Dumas Bay Centre, 3200 SW Dash Point Road, Federal Way WA) – Church Service (http://www.unityedgewood.org/)
13, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living Kelowna (Kelowna Community Theatre, 1375 Water Street, Kelowna, BC) – Church Service (http://kelowna.csl.org/)
20, 11:00 AM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Church Service (http://unityofvancouver.org)
23, 7:00 PM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Semiahmoo House, 15306 24th Avenue, South Surrey BC) – Satsang (www.csl-whiterock.com)
27, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Semiahmoo House, 15306 24th Avenue, South Surrey BC) – Church Service (www.csl-whiterock.com)
27, 7:30 PM – Sourcepoint (3263 Heather Street, Vancouver BC) – Chanting & Chocolate (Sacred Hebrew Chanting) – By donation. (www.chantingandchocolate.com/)
2, 8:00 PM – Yoga on 7th (156 East 7th Avenue, Vancouver BC) – Universal Kirtan (Chanting) with Amir – By donation
3, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Semiahmoo House, 15306 24th Avenue, South Surrey BC) – Church Service (www.csl-whiterock.com)
7, 7:00-9:00 PM (dinner at 6:30) – Backyard House Concerts (Kirkland WA) – $10 (http://www.backyardhc.com)
8, 9:00 PM – 10:30 PM – Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market Street, Seattle WA) – shared performance with Larry Murante – $6 (http://www.ballardjamhouse.com)
9, 7:00-9:00 PM (doors open at 6:30) – House Concert in Federal Way, WA – $15. (Space is limited, so please contact Cheryl Krieger “CK” Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or Pamela Rasmussen at PamelaR5@comcast.net ASAP to reserve your spot and to get details on the concert’s location. To reserve a spot with your credit card, please contact Nathen at NathenAswell@Me.com)
10, 11:00 AM – Center for Spiritual Living Tacoma (206 North J Street, Tacoma WA) – Church Service (http://csltacoma.com/)
10, 5:00 PM – Amazing Grace Spiritual Center (on the corner of 8th and John, Seattle WA) – Church Service (http://amazinggracespiritualcenter.org/)
NEW WEB SITE CONTENT
As well as updating my “Calendar” and “Blog” pages (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page7/page7.html and http://www.nathenaswell.com/page8/page8.html), I’ve:
– added some new places to the “Recent Performances” list on my “Bio/Press” page (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page2/page2.html), and to my Bio on the “Services” page (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page6/page6.html);
– added a video (“Video Highlights, 2010-2011”) to my “Audio/Video” page (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page3/page3.html);
– added the words to a new chant (“I Walk”) on my “Lyrics” page (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page4/page4.html);
– added new photos of my trip to AZ to my “Photos” page (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page9/page9.html);
– added new comments (THANKS, dear Charles, Joan, Diane, Zephryn, Charonne, Trinity, Ellen, JD, Holly, Jennie, Dorothy, Stowe, Karen, K.G., Craig, Marie, Anthony, Toresa, and Ben – I greatly appreciate EVERY word!) to my “Feedback” page (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page10/page10.html).
You can now find me on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and LinkedIn. (All of my online addresses are below.)
Happy May, everyone. May COMMUNITY and SOLITUDE help YOU to say YES to a limitless life and KEEP the floodgates open, and may you go with LOVE!
With love and gratitude,