Hi Everyone –
Warm greetings and blessings to you all!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
What an incredible time we live in. SO much going on!
I don’t know about you, but at times I get overwhelmed by it all and forget that life is GOOD,
that my life is filled with blessings of every kind RIGHT NOW.
So as I write these words, I’m now going to stop and take a minute to enjoy some slow, deep breaths… and re-member.
As you read these words, I invite you to do the same…
Simple… AND it really makes a difference in how we perceive the world, doesn’t it?
In June of 2011, Louie Schwartzberg gave a great TED talk about exactly this.
I invite you to take ten minutes to watch it now:
(I just did so again, and I cry every time I watch it.)
May the days of summer allow us all to move a little more slowly and a little more gratefully, and to re-member.
YES, YAY and AMEN! 🙂
Here are my highlights from the last month or so:
– Completing the creation of my new 6-song EP “I Say Yes”.
(As I write these words, copies of it are being manufactured – !!!).
I’m happy and grateful for all of the love and care that’s gone into making them a reality.
The second that they’re in my hands, I’ll let you know how you can get one!
– Performing my first tour of WA (3 concerts and 2 church services). Angels EVERYWHERE! BIG THANKS to Shanie Holman & Dirk Myers (http://www.backyardhc.com/) in Kirkland (and to Eric Robert for sitting in), everyone at Egan’s Ballard Jam House in Seattle (and to fellow artist Larry Murante for sharing his stage with me), Pamela Rasmussen & Gabriel Sosienski in Federal Way (and to Austin Bastrom for sitting in), everyone at CSL Tacoma, and everyone at Amazing Grace Spiritual Center in Seattle. I love and appreciate you all! XO
– Recording my latest song, “The Making Of A Soul”, and having my dear buddy Russell Marsland infuse it with his SOUL-FULL guitar playing. (I’ll be sending everyone on my mailing list a copy of it!)
On the ROAD:
– Back to WA, this time for two performances with my dear friends Jami Lula and Marcy Baruch. (Details are below.)
– Church performances in CA. (Details are below.)
– BIG NEWS!!!
(1) I’ll be returning to Asilomar to be a part of the music team for the 2012 CSL Asilomar Retreat! More details are here: http://asilomar.csl.org
(2) I’ll be Jana Stanfield’s special musical guest at Jack Canfield’s Breakthrough To Success retreat in Scottsdale AZ in August! More details are here: http://www.canfieldtrainings.com/
On the HOME FRONT:
– Concert with my dear friends Jami Lula and Marcy Baruch (!!!), church service at CSL White Rock, performance at Harmony Arts Festival with my dear buddy Russell Marsland. (Details are below.)
– AND: I’m HOSTING a HOUSE CONCERT FOR my friend and fellow artist SORA (http://www.soramusic.ca/) on July 26th. (Details are below.)
Here are a few words about her:
“Calgary singer/songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Sora brings her haunting voice to an enchanting midsummer tour of BC. Sora has been praised for her soaring harmonies and unusual lyrical vision, evoking a new esoteric in music that fuses the poetry of the Celts, the global influence of World and the stunning melodiousness of Neo-Classical. In an intimate concert setting, Sora presents a compelling musical portrait that is a collision of past and future unlike anything you have heard before. Please join Sora for an intimate evening of original ethereal music, musings and myth.”
I hope that you can join us!
Here’s what my ENTIRE CALENDAR looks like in the next month or so. I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events. (AND please remember that I welcome any and all opportunities to serve you with my music; just e-mail me with your ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org)
6, 7:00 PM – Genesis Global Spiritual Center (233 South 156th Street, Burien WA) – Concert with Jami Lula and Marcy Baruch – Love donation/$20 suggested (http://www.genesis-global.org/)
8, 10:30 AM – Genesis Global Spiritual Center (233 South 156th Street, Burien WA) – Church service with Jami Lula (http://www.genesis-global.org/)
8, 7:00 PM – Canadian Memorial United Church & Centre for Peace (West 15th & Burrard, Vancouver BC) – Concert with Jami Lula and Marcy Baruch – $15/$20 at the door (http://www.canadianmemorial.org/music/special-events)
22, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Semiahmoo House, 15306 24th Avenue, South Surrey BC) – Church Service (www.csl-whiterock.com)
26, 7:00 PM – Hosting a House Concert (in Ladner, BC) for Calgary artist Sora (http://www.soramusic.ca/) – $15. (Space is limited, so please RSVP with Sora at email@example.com or me at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP to reserve a spot and to get details on the concert’s location.
Tickets can be purchased online via PayPal at https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=JC7V6FMUKFLBW)
29, 10:00 AM – Pacific Coast Church (522 Central Avenue, Pacific Grove CA) – Church Service (http://www.pacificcoastchurchpg.org/)
29 to August 4 – Asilomar Conference Grounds (800 Asilomar Avenue, Pacific Grove CA) – 2012 CSL Asilomar Retreat (http://asilomar.csl.org)
5, 10:30 AM – CSL Monterey (400 West Franklin Street, Monterey CA) – Church Service (http://monterey.csl.org/)
6, 4:00-4:45 PM – Harmony Arts Festival (Park Royal Fountain Stage, Ambleside Landing, West Vancouver BC) – Concert with Russell Marsland (http://harmonyarts.ca/)
12-18 – Fairmont Scottsdale Resort (Scottsdale AZ) – Jack Canfield’s Breakthrough to Success Retreat, with Jana Stanfield (http://www.canfieldtrainings.com/)
26, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Semiahmoo House, 15306 24th Avenue, South Surrey BC) – Church Service (www.csl-whiterock.com)
NEW WEB SITE CONTENT
To coincide with the (imminent!) release of my new EP, “I Say Yes”, I’ve given my web site a new look and “feel”. Please let me know what you think of it.
As well as updating my “Calendar” and “Blog” pages (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page7/page7.html and https://www.nathenaswell.com/page8/page8.html), I’ve:
– updated my bio and added some new places to the “Recent Performances” list on my “Bio/Press” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page2/page2.html);
– put a notice on my “Music Store” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page5/page5.html) promising that I’ll soon let you know how you can get your hands on a copy of my new EP, “I Say Yes” (!);
– updated my bio and added a new promo photo on the “Services” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page6/page6.html);
– added new photos of my trips to Kelowna and WA, and a great one of my dear buddy Russell Marsland, to my “Photos” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page9/page9.html);
– added new comments (THANKS, dear Leanne, Lee, Eric, Shanie, LouAnn, Stephan, Vivian, Gabriel & Pamela, Austin, Melody, Jeanette, Stowe, Rachelle, Scott, Ron, Mahalia, BJ, Trinity, Denine, Erin, Ann Marie, David, Trudi, Marion, Deva Vani, Erika, Zoey, Joy, Sarah, Perry, Ben, Nicole Lynn, and KG – I greatly appreciate EVERY word!) to my “Feedback” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page10/page10.html);
– added many links (for everyone on the “birthing team” of my new EP, “I Say Yes”, for my consultant Jeri Goldstein, and for Rev. Terry Shea/CSL White Rock) to my “Links” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page11/page11.html).
You can now find me on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and LinkedIn. (All of my online addresses are below.)
Happy July, everyone. Take a minute (or 10) to re-member, and go with LOVE!
With love and gratitude,