Hi Everyone –
Warm greetings and blessings to you all!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
Whenever any of my friends does something efficiently, or displays any kind of organizational ability, I dub them “an Honourary Virgo” (!).
In the past month, I’ve left them all in the DUST, and shown my true Virgo colours.
Not only did I complete a systematic and thorough re-evaluation/organization or purge of EVERY ONE of my possessions, I finished the process by doing the same thing with every file and and every e-mail on my computer.
No. Just FULL of a desire to create SPACE in my life – outer AND inner – so that I can say YES to my greatness and be my ACTUAL SIZE.
Pamela Bruner (http://makeyoursuccesseasy.com) has a fantastic man on her team who “specializes” in EFT, or Emotional Freedom Techniques (more commonly referred to as “Tapping”). His name is Gene Monterastelli, and I’ve made it a daily practice to listen to one/some of his audio clips (all of which are available for free at http://tappingqanda.com). This morning, I listened to this one, and I invite you to do the same right now. (It’s 9 minutes long).
SO – Being clear about the WHY of my cleanse gave me the “juice” to see it through to its completion.
(It’s only been a day or two since I completed the process, so it’s a little early to report on its impact on me, AND I promise to do so in my December newsletter.)
SO – how about YOU?
What WHY would motivate you to say YES to YOUR greatness?
WHEREVER you are on your journey, I’d love to hear from you. Please e-mail me at email@example.com; we’re all in this together, and we have much to learn from each other. 🙂
Here are some other highlights from the last month or so:
– MY NEW EP “I SAY YES” IS HERE!!! I’m SO happy to have some new music to share with you; purchase information (for both “I Say Yes” and my debut CD, “Little By Little”) is on the “Music Store” page of my web site, http://www.nathenaswell.com/page5/page5.html
– Performing in Edmonton – at a House Concert with fellow Stickist and dear friend Dale Edmonton, and at CSL Edmonton with Browne Anderson and his great musical team. THANKS to Brian Zahorodniuk and his loving wife Carol, for opening their home and hearts to Dale & I and a houseful of loving, appreciate souls, and for Brian’s AMAZING photos (!); to Dale, for the great “hang” at her place; to Rev. Patrick Cameron, for walking his talk and ALWAYS inspiring me; to Browne, for being such a fantastic musician AND kind soul; and to all the people who so warmly received me at both events. Much love to every one of you! XO
– Performing in Calgary – at a Community Singing Circle with Pamela Alexander and a host of great singers and musicians, and at Unity of Calgary (serving up both the music AND the message on Sunday morning, and performing at a fundraising concert on Sunday night). THANKS to Linda Taylor, for opening her home and heart to such an incredible group of chanters, and for her invitation to me to be a part of it all; to Pamela, for leading the event with such passion and joy; to Trevor Uruski, who walked around the room and played his didgeridoo into every one’s heart chakra (!); and to Susan Cullen and the entire community at Unity of Calgary, for always being so supportive of me and for giving me an opportunity to return the favour. Much love to every one of you! XO
– Performing at “Mantra Meditation” at Unity of Vancouver. We’re onto something here! THANKS to Rev. Martha Mosley, for the invitation to join her in this adventure, and to everyone who came and sang from their hearts. I say YES to MORE! Much love to every one of you! XO
– Performing at CSL White Rock alongside my dear friend and next-door neighbour Rev. Terry Shea. No matter where I go, CSL WR is HOME. THANKS, dear Terry, for ALWAYS inspiring me (I say YES to more songs being created out of your talks!), and to all of the loving souls that make up this sweet community. Much love to every one of you! XO
– Performing on Vancouver Island – at a House Concert in Comox and at CSL Campbell River. THANKS to Sharon and Charles Scott, for opening their home and hearts to Sheila and I and a houseful of loving, appreciative souls (and GREAT singers!), and for doing so with such loving mindfulness; to Noelle Maffin, for the great pleasure of making music with her at CSL CR; and to Rev. Jill Brocklehurst and her community, for their love and ENTHUSIASM. Much love to every one of you! XO
On the ROAD:
– Radio Interview on “The Council Fire” with John & Shelley Jones in Branson, MO. Join us LIVE, or listen to the podcast!
(Details are below.)
– My song “Spirit Is Calling” received Honourable Mention in the Personal Transformation category of the 8th Annual emPower Posi Awards! (http://www.empowerma.com/)
– Once again, I’ll be performing at the Posi Music Festival in Orlando (January 18-21/13). I can’t say enough about how powerful a weekend this is for ALL who attend – both performers and fans alike. For more info, please visit http://www.empowerma.com/Festival
– I’ll be a part of the music team for the 2013 CSL Spiritual Living Convention (February 17-22/13), which will be right here in Vancouver! For more info, please visit http://spiritualconvention.csl.org
– And it gives me GREAT joy to announce that I’ll be performing as part of the Diocesan Folk Music Camp Reunion in Montreal (June 29-30/13). DFMC is where my musical and spiritual life truly blossomed, and being a part of it greatly shaped who I am today. Tickets are now available; for more info, please visit http://folkmusiccamp.org
On the HOME FRONT:
– Taizé service with Sandra Dawn at Tsawwassen United Church, Metaphysical Coffee House AND Mantra Meditation (chanting and guided meditation) at Unity of Vancouver, church service (and a new song!) at CSL White Rock, and Kirtan (chanting) with Amir.
(Details are below.)
Here’s what my ENTIRE CALENDAR looks like in the next month or so. I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events. (AND please remember that I welcome any and all opportunities to serve you with my music; just e-mail me with your ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org)
18, 10:00 AM – Tsawwassen United Church (693 53rd Street, Tsawwassen BC) – Taizé church service, with Sandra Dawn (http://www.tsawwassenunited.org)
18, 4:00-5:00 PM (Pacific Time) – Radio interview on “The Council Fire” with John & Shelley Jones (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/councilfire/2012/11/19/healing-with-sound-and-music-guest-nathen-aswell)
20, 7:30 PM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Metaphysical Coffeehouse – Love offering. (http://unityofvancouver.org)
23, 7:30 PM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Mantra Meditation (chanting and guided meditation) – Love offering. (http://unityofvancouver.org)
25, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Semiahmoo House, 15306 24th Avenue, South Surrey BC) – Church Service (www.csl-whiterock.com)
1, 8:00 PM – Yoga on 7th (156 East 7th Avenue, Vancouver BC) – Universal Kirtan (Chanting) with Amir – By donation
9, 11:00 AM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Church Service (http://unityofvancouver.org)
16, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Semiahmoo House, 15306 24th Avenue, South Surrey BC) – Church Service (www.csl-whiterock.com)
NEW WEB SITE CONTENT
As well as updating my “Calendar” and “Blog” pages (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page7/page7.html and http://www.nathenaswell.com/page8/page8.html), I’ve:
– added my phone number and e-mail address to every one of my pages, so that you can reach me more easily;
– improved the text on my “Home” page (http://www.nathenaswell.com/index.html);
– updated my bio and added some new places to the “Recent Performances” list on my “Bio/Press” page (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page2/page2.html);
– improved the text on my “Music Store” page (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page5/page5.html);
– updated my bio and my packages (I now offer SPECIALIZED MUSIC PACKAGES for motivational speakers, including CUSTOM SONGS based on their talk(s)/book(s)) on the “Services” page (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page6/page6.html);
– added a new photo to my “Calendar” page (THANKS, dear Brian Zahorodniuk! / http://www.visualz.ca/);
– added new photos of my trips to Vancouver Island and to AB to my “Photos” page (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page9/page9.html);
– added new comments (THANKS, dear Noelle, Charlene, Charonne, Shelley, Don, Gerona, Zoey, Cheryl, Maurice, Susan, Carmien, Suze, Tracey, Brenda, Browne, Christopher, Michele, Anthony, Tetyana, Ken, Tina, Toni, Brian, Loretta, Janet, Barb, Neil, Corey, Dorothy, Janet, Rachelle – I greatly appreciate EVERY word!) to my “Feedback” page (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page10/page10.html);
– added links to Gene Monterastelli’s EFT (Tapping) web site, and to Brian Zahorodniuk’s photography web site, to my “Links” page (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page11/page11.html).
You can now find me on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and LinkedIn. (All of my online addresses are below.)
Happy November, everyone. May you easily and gracefully connect with the WHY that motivates you to say YES to YOUR greatness, and may you go with LOVE!
With love and gratitude,