Hi Everyone –
Warm greetings and blessings to you all!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
A few weeks ago, my computer crashed.
What a gift.
When I took my computer in to be serviced, I learned that my hard drive had died. One of the computer technicians said, “those things spin at 7,200 RPM (revolutions per minute); sooner or later, they wear out”.
Especially if you never turn your computer OFF – like me.
Lesson learned. Since the day my computer’s hard drive was replaced, I’ve been turning it off every night and turning it on every morning once I’ve finished meditating. It was remarkable to notice how peaceful my office/studio space felt with the computer off; it enabled me to connect much more deeply with the stillness that surrounds my home and also permeates it.
Next step: What about remembering MY “off” switch?
If, as I’ve been saying this year in my newsletters, I truly want to create SPACE in my life – outer AND inner – so that I can say YES to my greatness and be my ACTUAL SIZE – I need to trust that I CAN stop… I CAN rest and relax… And that doing so will allow me to return to my work with a fresh perspective.
Why is this so challenging for me? Because I struggle with feeling overwhelmed.
Pamela Bruner (http://makeyoursuccesseasy.com) has a fantastic man on her team who “specializes” in EFT, or Emotional Freedom Techniques (more commonly referred to as “Tapping”). His name is Gene Monterastelli, and I’ve made it a daily practice to listen to one/some of his audio clips (all of which are available for free at http://tappingqanda.com). This one is about feeling overwhelmed, and I invite you to make time to listen to it (it’s 41 minutes long): http://tappingqanda.com/2012/05/pod-86-eft-for-feeling-overwhelmed-w-carol-look/
As Dr. Carol Look says in this interview with Gene, “The validation and acknowledgement… that you’re feeling overwhelmed will do you WONDERS.”
SO – how about YOU?
What makes it challenging for YOU to remember that you have an “off” switch?
WHEREVER you are on your journey, I’d love to hear from you. Please e-mail me at email@example.com; we’re all in this together, and we have much to learn from each other. 🙂
Here are some other highlights from the last month or so:
– Being interviewed on “The Council Fire” Radio show with hosts John & Shelley Jones. John & Shelley are delightful souls, happy and eager to share whatever will inspire their listeners to more fully walk their paths with love and mindfulness. THANKS for all that you do and for all that you ARE, dear John and Shelley, and to all the dear souls (over 700!) that tuned in or have since listened to the podcast. Much love to every one of you! XO (You can listen to the podcast here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/councilfire/2012/11/19/healing-with-sound-and-music-guest-nathen-aswell)
– Performing at Unity of Vancouver’s “Metaphysical Coffee House” with my good buddy and local guitar virtuoso Russell Marsland. Every Coffee House is better attended than the last, and every time Russell and I play together, we take our music to a new level. THANKS to my dear brother Russell for having a heart as big as his talent, to my fellow performers, and to all who attended. Much love to every one of you! XO
– Performing at Unity of Vancouver’s third “Mantra Meditation”. Every time, more people attend, and every time, people are singing out more and more. What a glorious sound we make when we sing together! THANKS to Rev. Martha Mosley for initiating this sweet monthly ritual, and to all who attended. I say YES to more in the new year! Much love to every one of you! XO
– Performing another new song (“Go For It All”) at CSL White Rock alongside my dear friend and next-door neighbour Rev. Terry Shea. No matter where I go, CSL WR is HOME. THANKS, dear Terry, for ALWAYS inspiring me (I say YES to more songs being created out of your talks!), and to all of the loving souls that make up this sweet community. Much love to every one of you! XO
– Performing with Amir and friends at his monthly Kirtan evening. It always gives me joy to make music with Amir because there’s so much love in every note that he sings and plays. THANKS, dear Amir, for all that you ARE, and for all who join you in your monthly love fest. Much love to every one of you! XO
– Performing with four of my musical pals (Tom & Georgina Arntzen, Joani Bye and Shawn Soucy) at an annual Christmas fund-raising event in Port Moody, BC. We’ve been performing at this event every year since 2006, and it’s always a beautiful beginning to our Christmas season. THANKS, dear pals, and to all who attended. Much love to every one of you! XO
***CHRISTMAS SALE! SAVE ON CD BUNDLES AND CD/DVD BUNDLES UNTIL DEC. 31st WITH FREE SHIPPING IN THE U.S. AND CANADA!***
From now until Dec. 31st, I’LL pay the shipping and handling on my CD Bundles (“Little By Little” and “I Say Yes”, $20) and my CD/DVD Bundles (both CDs and my 2-DVD set, “In Concert: Little By Little”, $30) on orders within Canada and the U.S.
ORDER BY PHONE (778-434-2774) with VISA or MASTERCARD
(You can hear the songs on each of my CDs on the “Music Store” page of my web site, https://www.nathenaswell.com/page5/page5.html)
– I’ll be in Florida in January for performances in Jacksonville (House Concert, Church Service, and Chanting Workshop) and in Orlando (Posi Music Festival – http://www.empowerma.com/). (Details are below.)
– I’ll be a part of the music team for the 2013 CSL Spiritual Living Convention (February 17-22/13), which will be right here in Vancouver! (For more info, please visit http://spiritualconvention.csl.org)
– And it gives me GREAT joy to announce that I’ll be performing as part of the Diocesan Folk Music Camp Reunion in Montreal (June 29-30/13). DFMC is where my musical and spiritual life truly blossomed, and being a part of it greatly shaped who I am today. (Tickets are now available; for more info, please visit http://folkmusiccamp.org)
On the HOME FRONT:
– Church Service and TWO Candlelighting Services (!) at Unity of Vancouver, Church Service (and a new song!) at CSL White Rock, and a set at the 24th Annual Oppenheimer Park Christmas Dinner. (Details are below.)
Here’s what my ENTIRE CALENDAR looks like in the next month or so. I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events. (AND please remember that I welcome any and all opportunities to serve you with my words and music; just e-mail me with your ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org)
9, 11:00 AM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Church Service (http://unityofvancouver.org)
16, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Semiahmoo House, 15306 24th Avenue, South Surrey BC) – Church Service, with Russell Marsland (www.csl-whiterock.com)
19, 7:30 PM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Christmas Candlelighting Service (http://unityofvancouver.org)
21, 7:30 PM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Christmas Candlelighting Service (http://unityofvancouver.org)
22, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM – Oppenheimer Park Christmas Dinner (Oppenheimer Park, Vancouver BC). I’m one of many musicians performing for this worthy cause; my “slot” is 12:00-12:15 PM. For more information, and to make a donation, please visit http://www.oppenheimerdinner.ca/
12, 7:30-9:30 PM (doors open at 7:00) – House Concert in Jacksonville, FL – $20. (Space is limited, so please contact Lisa Petrich at LisaPetrich@comcast.net ASAP to reserve your spot and to get details on the concert’s location.)
13, 10:30 AM – Unity Church for Creative Living (2777 Race Track Road, St. Johns FL) – Church service (http://www.unityinjax.com)
13, 7:00-8:30 PM (doors open at 6:45) – Chanting Workshop in Jacksonville, FL – $20. (Space is limited, so please contact Lisa Petrich at LisaPetrich@comcast.net ASAP to reserve your spot and to get details on the workshop’s location.)
18-21 – Orlando Airport Marriott (7499 Augusta National Drive, Orlando FL) – emPOWER Posi Music Festival (http://www.empowerma.com/). (I’ll be performing in the late night “Pajama Jam” music showcases, co-leading the LATE night jams with my dear friend Glen Roethel, and finishing the weekend by leading everyone in some chanting.)
NEW WEB SITE CONTENT
As well as updating my “Calendar” and “Blog” pages (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page7/page7.html and https://www.nathenaswell.com/page8/page8.html), I’ve:
– added the words to my new song “Go For It All” on my “Lyrics” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page4/page4.html);
– added info about my CHRISTMAS SALE on my “Music Store” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page5/page5.html);
– GREATLY updated my services on the “Services” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page6/page6.html);
– added new comments (THANKS, dear Jeanne, Gregg, Tracey, Gerona, Lisa, Cheryl, Arianna, Tina, Zoey, KG, Lynda, Marcy, Lynn, John, Pauline, Nicole, Mary Lou, Donna, Linda, Teri Jo, Ben, Sharon & Charlie, Linda, Noelle, and Dorothy – I greatly appreciate EVERY word!) to my “Feedback” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page10/page10.html);
– added a link to John & Shelly Jones “The Council Fire” Radio show to my “Links” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page11/page11.html).
You can now find me on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and LinkedIn. (All of my online addresses are below.)
Happy December, everyone. May you easily and gracefully remember YOUR “off” switch and say YES to YOUR greatness, and may you go with LOVE!
With love and gratitude,