Hi Everyone –
Warm greetings and blessings to you all!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
I love rituals.
Around New Year’s Day, I enjoy remembering the year that was and pondering the year-to-be, and thinking about a word that best embodies my goals for the new year.
In 2012, it was YES.
In 2013, it’s FAITH.
I thought that TRUST would be this year’s word, as trust has been my key issue in this lifetime… AND then I read Rev. Barbara Caldwell’s Jan. 3rd entry in this month’s CSL “Creative Thought” periodical:
“I Always Live from Faith
All is God. It is Infinite Source and Substance. It is all Power, Wisdom, and Abundance. Awareness shines through me as me, and I radiate Absolute Truth. I know in each instant I am Limitless Perfection expressing in form according to my belief. I am one with the One.
I always live from faith, knowing Spirit expresses through me as this thing I call Life. Law operates through me by automatically responding to my every belief, creating perfect corresponding form. I live from faith, knowing this Truth; it absolutely is done unto me as I believe. As much as I embody is already mine. I choose abundance, the ease and satisfaction of creative expression and productivity, prosperity, great health, total fitness, and loving relationships. As I imagine from perfect expression of the One as me, I consciously choose my highest good. I always expect accurate and immediate demonstration of my beliefs.
Gratefully, I recognize that always living from faith is the foundation of my life. I release my word, let go, let God, and know my demonstration in form is already so.”
Faith ENABLES trust – completely.
This year, I say YES to living from FAITH.
SO – how about YOU?
What’s YOUR word for 2013?
WHEREVER you are on your journey, I’d love to hear from you. Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org; we’re all in this together, and we have much to learn from each other. 🙂
Here are some other highlights from the last month or so:
– Performing 3 times at Unity of Vancouver – at one Sunday morning service, and at TWO Candlelighting Services – with Revs. Austin and Mary Hennessey. I’ve known the Hennesseys for almost 20 years, and it was truly heartwarming to see and hear them in action again – not to mention the joy and pride that I felt at once again being a part of the Candlelighting musical team. THANKS to the Hennesseys, my musical brothers and sisters, and all who attended. Much love to every one of you! XO
– Performing another new song (“The Love Of God”) at CSL White Rock alongside my dear buddy and guitar wizard Russell Marsland (who shone brilliantly in our version of Prince’s “Purple Rain”). THANKS, dear Russell, for the great joy of making music with you; to Rev. Terry Shea, for ALWAYS inspiring me (I say YES to more songs being created out of your talks!); and to all of the loving souls that make up this sweet community. Much love to every one of you! XO
– Performing with four of my musical pals (David Sinclair, Beverley Elliott, Jane Mortifee and Russell Marsland) at the 24th annual Oppenheimer Park Christmas Dinner in East Vancouver, BC. As people from the local film industry worked hard preparing countless turkeys for hundreds of needy folks, the five of us rocked out like it was a sunny day. THANKS to Frances Flanagan for organizing this event, to all of the kind people who prepared the food, to my musical pals, and to everyone who stood in line (in the rain) for their Christmas dinner. Much love to every one of you! XO
On the ROAD:
– I’ll be in Jacksonville, FL for a House Concert, a Church Service, and a Chanting Workshop. (Details are below.)
– It’s time once again for the annual Love Fest in Orlando, FL – the Posi Music Festival!!! (Details are below.)
– I’ll be a part of the music team for the 2013 CSL Spiritual Living Convention (February 17-22/13), which will be right here in Vancouver! (For more info, please visit http://spiritualconvention.csl.org)
– It gives me GREAT joy to announce that I’ll be performing as part of the Diocesan Folk Music Camp Reunion in Montreal (June 29-30/13). DFMC is where my musical and spiritual life truly blossomed, and being a part of it greatly shaped who I am today. (Tickets are now available; for more info, please visit http://folkmusiccamp.org)
On the HOME FRONT:
– Mantra Meditation and Church Service at Unity of Vancouver, and Kirtan (Chanting) with Amir. (Details are below.)
Here’s what my ENTIRE CALENDAR looks like in the next month or so. I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events. (AND please remember that I welcome any and all opportunities to serve you with my words and music; just e-mail me with your ideas at email@example.com)
12, 7:30-9:30 PM (doors open at 7:00) – House Concert in Jacksonville, FL – $20. (Space is limited, so please contact Lisa Petrich at LisaPetrich@comcast.net ASAP to reserve your spot and to get details on the concert’s location.)
13, 10:30 AM – Unity Church for Creative Living (2777 Race Track Road, St. Johns FL) – Church service (http://www.unityinjax.com)
13, 7:00-8:30 PM (doors open at 6:45) – Chanting Workshop in Jacksonville, FL – $20. (Space is limited, so please contact Lisa Petrich at LisaPetrich@comcast.net ASAP to reserve your spot and to get details on the workshop’s location.)
18-21 – Orlando Airport Marriott (7499 Augusta National Drive, Orlando FL) – emPOWER Posi Music Festival (http://www.empowerma.com/). (I’ll be performing in the Friday night opening concert and in the late night “Pajama Jam” showcases, co-leading the LATE night jams with my dear friends Glen Roethel and Susie Hulcher, and finishing the weekend by leading everyone in some chanting.)
25, 7:30 PM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Mantra Meditation (chanting and guided meditation) – Love offering. (http://unityofvancouver.org)
27, 11:00 AM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Church Service (http://unityofvancouver.org)
2, 8:00 PM – Yoga on 7th (156 East 7th Avenue, Vancouver BC) – Universal Kirtan (Chanting) with Amir – By donation
17-22 – Fairmont Hotel Vancouver (900 West Georgia Street, Vancouver BC) – 2013 CSL Spiritual Living Convention (http://spiritualconvention.csl.org/)
NEW WEB SITE CONTENT
As well as updating my “Calendar” and “Blog” pages (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page7/page7.html and https://www.nathenaswell.com/page8/page8.html), I’ve:
– decreased the size of the photos on every page, so that more of the text underneath them can be seen without having to scroll down;
– improved the text on my “Home” (https://www.nathenaswell.com), “Bio” (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page2/page2.html) and “Service” (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page6/page6.html) pages, to reflect my increased clarity about who I am and what I have to offer you;
– added the words to my new song “The Life of God” on my “Lyrics” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page4/page4.html);
– added new comments (THANKS, dear Joey, Allan, Charonne, Rosanne, Georgina, Mary Lou, Ellen, Mahalia, Lezlee, Gregg, Kelly, Shelley, Julie, Margot, Elise, Rachael, Rita & Thomas, Sarah, David, Barb, Jeanette & Jonas, Greg, Wendy, Nancy, Charles, Corey, and Nancy – I greatly appreciate EVERY word!) to my “Feedback” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page10/page10.html).
I’d also like to remind you that you can purchase my CDs “I Say Yes” and “Little By Little” and my 2-DVD set “In Concert: Little By Little”on the “Music Store” page of my web site, https://www.nathenaswell.com/page5/page5.html. (You can SAVE by buying a CD Bundle [both CDs for $20] or a CD/DVD Bundle [both CDs and the 2-DVD set for $30].)
You can now find me on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and LinkedIn. (All of my online addresses are below.)
Happy January, everyone. May you find and live YOUR word for 2013 with ease and grace, and may you go with LOVE!
With love and gratitude,