Hi Everyone –
Warm greetings and blessings to you all!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
As I mentioned in my January newsletter, I chose the word FAITH as my word for 2013.
Is it just me, or are we ALL going through GREAT change in our lives?
While music will ALWAYS be at the center of my life, I’m spending a lot of time these days thinking about my purpose and exploring how to be of greater service to more people in more ways. It seems that old familiar doors are closing to make way for new ones to open – an exciting AND scary reality for a guy who likes to THINK that he’s in control and who wrestles with perfectionism… !
AND, in the midst of all this, I was blessed with a powerful insight on a recent quiet Saturday morning: to have FAITH that all is indeed well and that I’m exactly where I should be, I need to have PATIENCE…
As soon as that thought entered my being – it truly felt Heaven sent – a calm came over me that I hadn’t experienced in quite some time, and I was able to look at all aspects of my life with great clarity and compassion…
And so, in my year-long exploration of FAITH, I now claim the gift of PATIENCE to help guide me on my way.
YES, YAY and AMEN!
How about YOU?
What new insights are unfolding for you with YOUR word for 2013?
WHEREVER you are on your journey, I’d love to hear from you. Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org; we’re all in this together, and we have much to learn from each other. 🙂
Here are some other highlights from the last month or so:
– Performing 3 times in Jacksonville, FL – at a House Concert, a Church Service, and Chanting Workshop. THANKS, dear Lisa & David Petrich, for opening your home and your hearts to me and for introducing me to Rev. Mona Krane and her sweet team and community at Unity Church for Creative Living, and to all who participated in the 3 events. (And special thanks to Austin Petrich for graciously allowing me to use his bedroom for the weekend!) Much love to every one of you! XO
– Writing and performing at the Posi Music Festival in Orlando, FL. Words can’t begin to describe how powerful it is for me to make this annual trek to be with my tribe of like-hearted songwriters and performers. (Have a look at the pictures on my “photos” page, or at even more on my Facebook page!) THANKS to the team at emPower Music and Arts (headed up by Richard Mekdeci, Sue Riley and Russ Hammock) for making this event bigger and better every year, to all of my fellow artists, and to all of the fans for always making this a powerful and magical experience. Much love to every one of you! XO
– Leading the Mantra Meditation night at Unity of Vancouver. I am SO blessed to be able to share this experience in my home town! THANKS to the growing numbers of people who come to share their voices with me, and to the team at Unity of Vancouver for the opportunity. Much love to every one of you! XO
– Performing at a Church Service at Unity of Vancouver with amazing vocalist/pianist/songwriter Tom Arntzen. THANKS, dear brother, for the great pleasure of sharing our OWN songs with this community, and for the love and appreciation we both feel from all who attend. Much love to every one of you! XO
– I’m a part of the music team for the 2013 CSL Spiritual Living Convention (February 17-22/13), which is happening right here in Vancouver! (Details are below.)
– Vancouver guitar wizard and good buddy Russell Marsland will be performing In Concert with me at the Genesis Theatre in Ladner BC on March 22nd. Please come and join us for a powerful night of “Powerhouse Blues meets Conscious Pop”! (Details are below.)
– It gives me GREAT joy to announce that I’ll be performing as part of the Diocesan Folk Music Camp Reunion in Montreal (June 29-30/13). DFMC is where my musical and spiritual life truly blossomed, and being a part of it greatly shaped who I am today. (Tickets are now available; for more info, please visit http://folkmusiccamp.org)
On the HOME FRONT:
– “Metaphysical Mardi Gras” Coffee House and Mantra Meditation at Unity of Vancouver, and Church Services at CSL White Rock and CSL Vancouver(!). (Details are below.)
Here’s what my ENTIRE CALENDAR looks like in the next month or so. I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events. (AND please remember that I welcome any and all opportunities to serve you with my words and music; just e-mail me with your ideas at email@example.com)
12, 7:30 PM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Metaphysical Mardi Gras Coffeehouse Concert, featuring several artists including Russell Marsland & me – Love offering. (http://unityofvancouver.org)
17-22 – Fairmont Hotel Vancouver (900 West Georgia Street, Vancouver BC) – 2013 CSL Spiritual Living Convention (http://spiritualconvention.csl.org/)
22, 7:30 PM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Mantra Meditation (chanting) – Love offering. (http://unityofvancouver.org)
24, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Semiahmoo House, 15306 24th Avenue, South Surrey BC) – Church Service, with Russell Marsland (www.csl-whiterock.com)
3, 11:00 AM – CSL Vancouver (#08 – 1880 Triumph Street, Vancouver BC) – Church Service (http://vancouver.csl.org/)
15, 7:30 PM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Mantra Meditation (chanting) – Love offering. (http://unityofvancouver.org)
17, 11:00 AM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Church Service (http://unityofvancouver.org)
22, 8:00 PM – Genesis Theatre (5005 45th Avenue, Ladner BC) – In Concert with Russell Marsland (as part of the venue’s “live@5005” concert series) – $10 at the door. (http://www.genesistheatre.ca)
31, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Semiahmoo House, 15306 24th Avenue, South Surrey BC) – Church Service (www.csl-whiterock.com)
NEW WEB SITE CONTENT
As well as updating my “Calendar” and “Blog” pages (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page7/page7.html and https://www.nathenaswell.com/page8/page8.html), I’ve:
– improved the mailing list “opt in” on my “Home” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com);
– updated my bio on my “Bio” (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page2/page2.html) and “Service” (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page6/page6.html) pages, to reflect my increased clarity about who I am and what I have to offer you;
– added the words to my new song “Heaven On Earth” on my “Lyrics” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page4/page4.html);
– added new photos of my trip to Florida to my “Photos” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page9/page9.html);
– added new comments (THANKS, dear Alan, Barb, Jason, Sydney, Liane, Phyllis, Marlene, Mahalia, Dominique, Shelley, Joyanna, Helen, Bob, Pooki, Sophie, Kelly, Jenny, Melissa, Freebo, JD, Lisa, Marion, Dorothy, Sheila, Monika, Cecile, Jeanne, Faith, Lisa, Cheryl, Dina, Linda, Dave, Loretta, Margot, Lorill, Russell, Anneke, Zoey, Ali, Terri, Deborah, Pauline, Merril, Ann, Michael – I greatly appreciate EVERY word!) to my “Feedback” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page10/page10.html);
– added a link to Jane Atkinson’s web site to my “Links” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page11/page11.html). (Jane is the author of “The Wealthy Speaker”, and I’ve just started a 10-month coaching coarse with her – !)
I’d also like to remind you that you can purchase my CDs “I Say Yes” and “Little By Little” and my 2-DVD set “In Concert: Little By Little”on the “Music Store” page of my web site, https://www.nathenaswell.com/page5/page5.html. (You can SAVE by buying a CD Bundle [both CDs for $20] or a CD/DVD Bundle [both CDs and the 2-DVD set for $30].)
You can now find me on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and LinkedIn. (All of my online addresses are below.)
Happy February, everyone. May new insights be unfolding for you with ease and grace as you live YOUR word for 2013, and may you go with LOVE!
With love and gratitude,