Hi Everyone –
Warm greetings and blessings to you all!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
I’ve now completed listening to Rev. Michael Beckwith’s “Life Visioning” audio program, and have made a daily ritual of listening to the 30-minute “Practice: Life Visioning” track on the final CD… VERY powerful.
What’s most resonating within me is the stage of the Life Visioning process he calls WILLINGNESS.
Below is an written excerpt from the recording:
“… feel into the WILLINGNESS to be,
the WILLINGNESS to grow,
the WILLINGNESS to become what is necessary for the revelation and manifestation of this sacred vision.
Search your mind and remember a moment of high WILLINGNESS.
A moment where your “maybe” became yes,
your “I don’t know” turned into a yes,
your unwillingness turned into WILLINGNESS,
your apathy turned into commitment.
Feel the energy of WILLINGNESS.
Feel the energy of commitment.
Feel the energy of YES I CAN.
YES I AM ABLE.
YES I WILL.
Feel the energy of YES.
Breathe into YES.
Breathe into WILLINGNESS.
You’re giving permission for the great God of the universe,
you’re giving permission for the next stage of your evolution,
you’re giving permission for that which is seeking to emerge through and as you to come forward.
You’re saying YES to it without even knowing how to do it.
You’re saying YES that it may COMPEL you into right action, order your steps, guide you in a language and in a way that you can understand.
Inwardly say YES.
Inwardly be WILLING…”
And so it is.
I say YES.
I am WILLING.
And in so doing, I more deeply connect with my word for this year: FAITH.
How about YOU?
What’s most resonating within YOU?
How is it serving you and moving you forward with your word/intention(s) for 2013?
WHEREVER you are on your journey, I’d love to hear from you. Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org; we’re all in this together, and we have much to learn from each other. 🙂
(BIG THANKS to all of the kind souls who respond to my monthly thoughts and lovingly support me on my journey. If you haven’t done so already, I encourage you to read their comments and explore their links on my “Feedback” page, http://www.nathenaswell.com/page10/page10.html – there’s some pretty wonderful stuff!)
Here are some other highlights from the last month or so:
– Leading the Mantra Meditation (chanting) evening on March 15th, as well performing on St. Patrick’s Day (with the fabulous Perry Dickison on piano and vocals) and on Palm Sunday (with the fabulous Perry Dickison AND the effervescent Beverley Elliott on vocals) at Unity of Vancouver. What a joy it is to serve this community and to feel its vitality returning, as exemplified by the appointment of its new ministers, Rev. Austin and Mary Hennessey! THANKS to all of the beautiful souls who ARE this community. Much love to every one of you! XO
– Performing at the official Vancouver book launch of “The Thought That Changed My Life Forever”, the vision of Dr. Christian Guenette and my dear friend Gillian Roberts. What a gift it was to serve with my music AND enjoy some of the book’s 52 authors sharing the stories behind their stories… SO much LOVE manifesting in the world! THANKS for the opportunity to serve, dear Gillian! Much love to everyone involved in the book’s creation, and to all who attended this special event! XO
– Performing at the Rusty Anchor Pub and at the Genesis Theatre in Ladner, BC (my “backyard”!) with my guitar virtuoso pal Russell Marsland. We’re onto something BIG! THANKS to Russell, for our deepening heart connection (it’s taking our music to a WHOLE new level!), to Steve Campbell (the organizer of the Monday night music at the Rusty Anchor Pub and the manager of the Genesis Theatre) for his vision and support for local music, and to all who attended each event. Much love to every one of you! XO
– Spending almost 60 hours recording, editing and mixing two of my songs in my home studio. I’m very happy and excited about my ongoing evolution as a songwriter, and I’m looking forward to having TWO new CDs for you this year. Stay tuned! 🙂
– Performing on Easter Sunday at CSL White Rock with my brothers Tom Arntzen, Russell Marsland and Shawn Soucy. For years, the four of us performed together as a “cover” band called “The Hitmen”, and it was a joy to be a part of that shared energy and camaraderie again. THANKS to Rev. Terry Shea for being inspired to bring the four of us together again, to my brothers, and to everyone in this loving community for so warmly receiving us. Much love to every one of you! XO
– Performing in AZ at the Creative Living Fellowship center (in Phoenix) and at the annual Affiliated New Thought Network conference (in Scottsdale). This was the 5th time I’ve made this spring journey, and I’m always delighted to meet new faces and to deepen connections with the souls in that area. THANKS to Rev. Michele Whittington and everyone at CLF, Mark Broder and his music team, my sisters in Soul Co-Op (Rev. Pattie Weber, Rita Harrington and Marcy Baruch), all of the ANTN ministers, Jeanne MacLaughlin and Rosanne Allen-Hewlett for our powerful heart-to-heart conversations, and to Jodi Floyd for always opening her heart and home. Much love to every one of you! XO
On the ROAD:
– BC Interior! House Concert in Summerland and Church Service at CSL Kamloops. (Details are below.)
– I’ll be making my first trip to MD and VA in June! (Details will be in my May newsletter.)
– It gives me GREAT joy to announce that I’ll be performing as part of the Diocesan Folk Music Camp Reunion in Montreal (June 29-30/13). DFMC is where my musical and spiritual life truly blossomed, and being a part of it greatly shaped who I am today. (Tickets are now available; for more info, please visit http://folkmusiccamp.org)
On the HOME FRONT:
– Church Service at CSL Vancouver, two new events with Dr. Christian Guenette and Gillian Roberts (the co-creators of the book “The Thought That Changed My Life Forever”), Mantra Meditation and Church Service at Unity of Vancouver, and Church Service (and a new song!) at CSL White Rock. (Details are below.)
Here’s what my ENTIRE CALENDAR looks like in the next month or so. I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events. (AND please remember that I welcome any and all opportunities to serve you with my words and music; just e-mail me with your ideas at email@example.com)
21, 11:00 AM – CSL Vancouver (#08 – 1880 Triumph Street, Vancouver BC) – Church Service (http://vancouver.csl.org)
26, 7:30 PM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Mantra Meditation (chanting) – Love offering. (http://unityofvancouver.org)
28, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Semiahmoo House, 15306 24th Avenue, South Surrey BC) – Church Service (www.csl-whiterock.com)
3, 7:30-9:30 PM (doors open at 7:00) – House Concert in Summerland, BC – $20. (Space is limited, so please contact Pat Pattison and Marian Rudisill at
firstname.lastname@example.org / (250) 494-9086 ASAP to reserve your spot and to get details on the concert’s location.)
5, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living Kamloops (540 Seymour Street [Desert Gardens Community Centre], Kamloops BC) – Church Service (http://www.cslkamloops.org)
11, 7:00 PM – St. Mark’s Anglican Church (1805 Larch Street, Vancouver BC) – “Food 4 Thought”, featuring inspirational speakers and musicians as well as discussion with like-minded people. More info coming soon at http://thethoughtpublications.com; partial proceeds will be going to the Vancouver Food Bank.
12, 11:00 AM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Church Service (http://unityofvancouver.org)
21, 7:00 PM – St. Mark’s Anglican Church (1805 Larch Street, Vancouver BC) – “Centre for Spiritual Living – (R)evolutions”, featuring music, inspirational talks, shared discussion and visioning. More info coming soon at http://www.csl-lowermainland.org
24, 7:30 PM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Mantra Meditation (chanting and guided meditation) – Love offering. (http://unityofvancouver.org)
26, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Semiahmoo House, 15306 24th Avenue, South Surrey BC) – Church Service (www.csl-whiterock.com)
NEW WEB SITE CONTENT
As well as updating my “Calendar” and “Blog” pages (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page7/page7.html and http://www.nathenaswell.com/page8/page8.html), I’ve:
– updated my bio on my “Bio” (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page2/page2.html) and “Service” (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page6/page6.html) pages;
– added new comments (THANKS, dear Chad, Scott, Danny, Marion, Lynn, Judith, Kirsten, Anne, Barbara C, Deb, Loretta, Trudi, Allison, Catherine, Tina, Denise, Marlene H, Faith, Gillian and Christian, Susanne, Jeanne, Barbara L, Shelley, John, Dave, Marlene M, Phil, Kelly, Barbara S, Wendy, Don, Janet, Melody, Phyllis, Erika, Pauline, Sydney, Gerona, Katherine, Stephanie, Ellen, and Rosanne – I greatly appreciate EVERY word!) to my “Feedback” page (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page10/page10.html);
– added a link to Martin Rutte’s web site to my “Links” page (http://www.nathenaswell.com/page11/page11.html). (Martin’s “Project Heaven On Earth” inspired “Heaven On Earth”, the song that I shared with all of you in March.)
I’d also like to remind you that you can purchase my CDs “I Say Yes” and “Little By Little” and my 2-DVD set “In Concert: Little By Little”on the “Music Store” page of my web site, http://www.nathenaswell.com/page5/page5.html. (You can SAVE by buying a CD Bundle [both CDs for $25] or a CD/DVD Bundle [both CDs and the 2-DVD set for $35].)
You can now find me on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and LinkedIn. (All of my online addresses are below.)
Happy April, everyone. May what’s most resonating within you be serving you and moving you forward as you live YOUR word for 2013, and may you go with LOVE!
With love and gratitude,