Hi, dear soul –
Warm greetings and blessings to you!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
“When you realize how perfect everything is, you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky”.
Whether or not this actually IS a quote from the Buddha doesn’t matter to me. What DOES matter to me is that a few days ago I DID have a moment of realizing how perfect everything is, and I DID tilt my head back and laugh at the sky!
How did I get to that moment?
As I first mentioned back in January (and have reiterated monthly since then), my word for 2013 is FAITH. I’ve been praying about it, visioning about it, talking in MasterMind groups about it – and it would seem that my focus and persistence are now enabling me to FEEL it.
What a blessing!
Do I still forget how blessed, guided and supported I am in my journey? Absolutely.
Am I finding it easier to remember? Most definitely! The signs are EVERYWHERE and in EVERYONE and EVERYTHING around me!
And for that, I am truly, TRULY grateful.
YES, YAY and AMEN for the gifts of focus and perseverance!
YES, YAY and AMEN for FEELING that ALL is, indeed, WELL!
How about YOU?
How are YOU feeling?
How is it serving you and moving you forward with your word/intention(s) for 2013?
WHEREVER you are on your journey, I’d love to hear from you. Please e-mail me at email@example.com; we’re all in this together, and we have much to learn from each other. 🙂
(BIG THANKS to all of the kind souls who respond to my monthly thoughts and lovingly support me on my journey. If you haven’t done so already, I encourage you to read their comments and explore their links on my “Feedback” page, https://www.nathenaswell.com/page10/page10.html – there’s some pretty wonderful stuff!)
Here are some other highlights from the last month or so:
– Participating in the annual Vancouver Stick Seminar. THANKS to Jim Meyer for all of the work that goes into organizing this event, to the teachers (Greg Howard and Jim Lampi), and to my fellow students. Much love to every one of you! (A new photo of this is on the “Photos” page of my web site, https://www.nathenaswell.com/page9/page9.html)
– Leading the monthly “Mantra Meditation” (chanting and guided meditation) evening at Unity of Vancouver; doing so always gives me GREAT joy. THANKS to Revs. Austin and Mary Hennessey, and to all of the beautiful souls who ARE this community. Much love to every one of you! XO
– Performing at CSL White Rock. THANKS to Rev. Terry Shea for ALWAYS inspiring me, and to all of the loving souls that make up this sweet community. Much love to every one of you! XO
– Creating two new videos (one of Russell Marsland and I at the Genesis Theatre, and one of me chanting). THANKS to Don Xaliman and to Shawn Soucy for their video and editing mastery; much love to each of you, dear men! XO (The videos are on the “Audio/Video” page of my web site, https://www.nathenaswell.com/page3/page3.html)
– Completing 4 more songs for my NEW CD (which will be called “Yes” and completed by August…!!!) THANKS to Phil Robertson for his masterful drumming, to Andreas Schuld for helping my songs sound bigger and better (mixing), and to Dave Meszaros for making them sound bigger and better still (mastering). Much love to each of you! XO
– Performing with Amir O’Loughlin and friends at his last Kirtan of the season. This month, Amir’s brother Rick (a guitarist who lives in Montreal) joined us, and we melded some heart-opening chants with some classic pop tunes – GREAT fun! THANKS to Amir for bringing his whole heart to this work, and to all who attend and FULLY participate. Much love to every one of you! XO
– Hosting a unique experience in my home – a “New Moon Community Drum Portal Journey” – with Alara (Brenda Gibbs). THANKS to Alara for bringing her incredible drum (32 inches across!) and leading us through a powerful visioning process, and to all who richly participated in the event. Much love to each of you! XO
– Lastly, a SPECIAL THANKS to all who make up the THREE MasterMind groups to which I belong (!) – I am being richly fed with your insights, suggestions, and encouragement. Much love to every one of you! XO (Links to two powerful men that I’ve met through these groups – Brian Fraser and Stuart Ellis-Myers – are on the “Links” page of my web site, https://www.nathenaswell.com/page11/page11.html)
On the ROAD:
– My BIGGEST trip yet! 3 Concerts, 3 Chanting events, a Jam/Singalong, and a Church Service – in VA, DE and MD. (Details are below.)
– And then… as if THAT weren’t enough… on I go to Montreal, for events that have been MONTHS in the planning!
With GREAT joy, I’ll be performing as part of the Diocesan Folk Music Camp Reunion in Montreal. DFMC is where my musical and spiritual life truly blossomed, and being a part of it greatly shaped who I am today. If you can, please don’t miss this historical event! (Details are below.)
Here’s what my ENTIRE CALENDAR looks like in the next month or so. I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events. (AND please remember that I welcome any and all opportunities to serve you with my words and music; just e-mail me with your ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org)
12, 7:00 PM (doors open at 6:30) – House Concert in Fredericksburg, VA – $20. (Space is limited, so please contact Dana Agnellini at email@example.com ASAP to reserve your spot and to get details on the Concert’s location.)
13, 7:00 PM – Center for Joyful Living (Woodmill Corporate Center, 5201 West Woodmill Drive, Suites 31 & 32, Wilmington DE) – “HeartSing” (Chanting) – $20 Advance Tickets / $25 Day of Event. (www.centerforjoyfulliving.net)
14, 7:00 PM (doors open at 6:30) – House Concert in Annapolis, MD with Bob Sima (http://www.bobsima.com) – $20. (Space is limited, so please contact Bob Sima at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP to reserve your spot and to get details on the Concert’s location.)
15, 7:00 – Unity of Fairfax (2854 Hunter Mill Road, Oakton VA) – Concert and Sock Hop to celebrate 10 years of service by church band “New Day”, with Glen Roethel and Ralph Cornwell – $15-$20 suggested adult donation. (http://www.unityoffairfax.org/s-new-day-10th-birthday-party)
16, 10:00 AM – Center for Spiritual Living Columbia (Hawthorn Center, 6175 Sunny Spring, Columbia MD) – Church Service. (http://www.columbiacsl.org)
16, 2:00 PM – Celebration Center for Spiritual Living (2840 Graham Road, Falls Church VA) – Chanting Workshop – $20.
16, 6:30 PM – Celebration Center for Spiritual Living (2840 Graham Road, Falls Church VA) – Chanting Meditation Service – Gifts of Gratitude Gratefully Accepted. (http://www.celebrationcenter.org/images/stories/documents/aswell%20flyer%20051013%20pdf%201.pdf)
29, The Eric Maclean S.J. Centre for the Performing Arts, Loyola High School (2477 West Broadway Avenue, Montreal) – Diocesan Folk Music Camp Reunion.
2:00 PM – REHEARSAL for those who wish to sing in the Full Choir for the Sunday Concert.
4:00 PM – THE GATHERING (dinner), followed by performances from John MacMaster, Stan Cyprys, me, The Echo Hunters, and Stephanie Martin.
30, The Eric Maclean S.J. Centre for the Performing Arts, Loyola High School (2477 West Broadway Avenue, Montreal) – Diocesan Folk Music Camp Reunion.
2:00 PM – CELEBRATION OF MUSIC (Concert), with featured vocalists John MacMaster, Stephanie Martin, Julie Lafontaine and me, a choir of 50, and a band – !!!
21, 11:00 AM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Church Service (http://unityofvancouver.org)
21, 8:00 PM – Cuppa Joys Café (2083 Alma Street, Vancouver BC) – 45-minute performance as part of the 2013 “Joy Fest” (http://soaringeaglemusic.com)
26, 7:30 PM – Unity of Vancouver (5840 Oak Street, Vancouver BC) – Mantra Meditation (chanting and guided meditation) – Love offering. (http://unityofvancouver.org)
28, 10:30 AM – Centre for Spiritual Living White Rock (Semiahmoo House, 15306 24th Avenue, South Surrey BC) – Church Service (www.csl-whiterock.com)
NEW WEB SITE CONTENT
As well as updating my “Calendar” and “Blog” pages (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page7/page7.html and https://www.nathenaswell.com/page8/page8.html), I’ve:
– updated my bio on my “Bio” (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page2/page2.html) and “Service” (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page6/page6.html) pages;
– added TWO new videos (one with Russell Marsland at the Genesis Theatre, one of me chanting) to my “Audio/Video” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page3/page3.html);
– added the words to a new song (“I Will To Will”) to my “Lyrics” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page4/page4.html);
– added the ability to PURCHASE MY CDs “I Say Yes” and “Little By Little”, and MY 2-DVD set “In Concert: Little By Little”, WITH PAYPAL on the “Music Store” page of my web site, https://www.nathenaswell.com/page5/page5.html (You can SAVE by buying a CD Bundle [both CDs for $20] or a CD/DVD Bundle [both CDs and the 2-DVD set for $30]);
– added a new photo from this year’s Vancouver Stick Seminar to my “Photos” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page9/page9.html);
– added new comments (THANKS, dear Monika, Carolyn, Melba, Cheryl, Brenda, Ty, Elise, Gord & Heather, Andrea, Rosanne, Lesley, Nancy Mortifee, Linda, Anthony, Phyllis, Mahalia, Mary, Russell, Andreas, Samuel, Jana, Trudi, Lisa, Shelley, Marian, Julie, Sandy, Alyce, David, Marcy, Dorothy, Joy, Ellen, Barbara, Zoey, Kirsten, Catherine, Marion, Nancy Moran, Greg, Helen, Kyme, Catherine, Jan, and Curt – I greatly appreciate EVERY word!) to my “Feedback” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page10/page10.html);
– added links to Brian Fraser’s web site and to Stuart Ellis-Myers’ web site to my “Links” page (https://www.nathenaswell.com/page11/page11.html). (Brian gets us thinking in new ways about conversation through “Jazzthink”, and Stuart is a powerful professional speaker living with Tourette Syndrome.)
You can now find me on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and LinkedIn. (All of my online addresses are below.)
Happy June, dear soul. May you FEEL your way forward and fully live YOUR word for 2013, and may you go with LOVE!
With love and gratitude,