Hi, dear soul –
Warm greetings and blessings to you!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
A time to move more slowly and PLAY…
And, like reaching a beautiful vista at the end of a long hike,
the perfect time to stop and ponder where you’ve been and where you’re going.
I’ve just come back from my longest “road trip” yet – a week in the northeastern U.S. and two weeks in Montreal – and, as I reflect on all that unfolded on the trip, I realize that the biggest gift of the experience was the PERSPECTIVE it’s given me on how far I’ve come since my journey began… How my hunger for spirituality, music and community has led me to the rich life that I now live… How much happier, more grounded, more confident and more GRATEFUL I now am… And how excited I am about all that lies ahead.
To put it another way: I feel like my “prayer” for this year – focusing my attention on FAITH – has been, and IS being, “answered”.
YES, YAY and AMEN!
How about YOU?
How’s the view from your PERSPECTIVE?
How is it serving you and moving you forward with your word/intention(s) for 2013?
WHEREVER you are on your journey, I’d love to hear from you. Please e-mail me at email@example.com; we’re all in this together, and we have much to learn from each other. 🙂
(BIG THANKS to all of the kind souls who respond to my monthly thoughts and lovingly support me on my journey. If you haven’t done so already, I encourage you to read their comments – there’s some pretty wonderful stuff!)
I give THANKS for all of these great souls, and for all of the moments that we shared together in the past month or so:
– To Dana Agnellini & Charlene Simon-Green , for hosting a House Concert in their home in Fredericksburg, VA (Dana played too – GREAT singer/songwriter!) and for starting my first northeastern U.S. tour on such a HIGH note;
– To Rev. Kathleen Johnson and her community at the Center for Joyful Living in Wilmington, DE, for being the most enthusiastic “HeartSing” group I’ve EVER had the pleasure of leading in chant; and to Candace Berkowitz, for making this “stop” on my tour possible by opening her home to me and by driving me around;
– To Bob Sima & Shannon Plummer, for hosting a House Concert in their home in Davidsonville, MD (Bob played too – GREAT singer/songwriter!), and for driving me on to Fairfax, VA;
– To Carole & Roger Tomhave, for organizing a concert and jam/singalong featuring Glen Roethel , Ralph Cornwell and me at Unity of Fairfax in VA ; and to Ron Wagner & Beth English, for opening their home to me and by letting me drive their Corvette for a day .
– To Rev. Sally Robbins and her open-hearted community at CSL Columbia, MD , for the GREAT pleasure of serving them at their Sunday Service;
– To Rev. Trish Hall and her community at Celebration CSL in Falls Church, VA for the opportunity to teach, and LEARN, about chanting;
– To EVERYONE who was a part of the Diocesan Folk Music Camp Concert (in Montreal), including John Mac Master (producer and tenor soloist), Stephanie Martin and Julie Lafontaine (soloists), Stan Cyprys (band leader and keyboard player), the other guys in the band (Ben Griffin, guitars; Mike Watkins, acoustic guitar; Aldo Mazza, drums & percussion), John Pasquini (choir director), everyone in the “Schola” choir, and John LeGros (for being the GIFT that started this whole adventure 41 years ago – !!!);
– To EVERYONE with whom I had the pleasure of performing at the Diocesan Folk Music Camp Reunion, including my pals Stephanie Martin, Larry Cassini and Gordie Fleming , Stan Cyprys, and John Mac Master; and to EVERY one of the sweet souls that were present for the Reunion and/or for the Concert.
MUCH LOVE TO EACH OF YOU! XO
Here’s what my ENTIRE CALENDAR looks like in the next month or so. I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events. (AND please remember that I welcome any and all opportunities to serve you with my words and music; just send me with your ideas)
– Unity of Vancouver – Sunday Service, July 21, and Friday Mantra Meditation, July 26 (Vancouver, BC)
– Joy Fest, July 21 (Vancouver, BC)
– CSL White Rock, July 28 (White Rock, BC)
– CSL Bellevue, August 4 (Bellevue, WA)
– Harmony Arts Festival, with Russell Marsland, August 11 (West Vancouver, BC)
– (Hosting) House Concert featuring JD Martin and Jan Martin from CO (!!!), August 16 (Delta, BC)
– World Spirit Festival, August 24 and 25 (Vancouver, BC)[/note]
Happy July, dear soul. May the view from your PERSPECTIVE serve you and move you forward with your word/intention(s) for 2013, and may you go with LOVE!
With love and gratitude,