Hi, dear Soul –
Warm greetings and blessings to you!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
In my last newsletter, I talked about the 4 qualities of MASTERY:
to try something NEW
to ASK for help
to be UNCOMFORTABLE
to be PERSISTENT.
Two weeks after I wrote that newsletter, my beloved Sheila and I travelled to Europe for a 3 1/2 week vacation in an RV… and together, we LIVED those 4 qualities! When our trip began, we knew NOTHING about RVing and were VERY uncomfortable; AND, with persistence and help, we ended up having a sweet adventure that we’ll remember for the rest of our lives.
For me, the 2 biggest lessons of the trip were:
(1) The importance of being UNCOMFORTABLE. I can’t THINK my way home; I have to jump in and get my feet wet – try things on and see how they FEEL – to really KNOW and MASTER anything. (What an excellent contradiction for a perfectionist like me!)
(2) The importance of being PERSISTENT. While we were in Europe, I resumed my daily practice of EFT tapping. I now haven’t missed a day of tapping in over a month, and sticking with the practice is really helping me to be relaxed and happy in the present, where I can be fully open to my GOOD and stay curious about everyone and everything. (Those who know me well, especially Sheila, will tell you what a change this is for me!)
And so – I get to notice, with deepening FAITH (my word for 2013) – that all is indeed WELL.
YES, YAY and AMEN!
How about YOU?
What do you need to stop thinking about and jump right in and DO?
And what forgotten tool(s) do you have in YOUR toolbox that will help you to do that?
WHEREVER you are on your journey, I’d love to hear from you. Please e-mail me at email@example.com; we’re all in this together, and we have much to learn from each other. 🙂
(BIG THANKS to all of the kind souls who respond to my monthly thoughts and lovingly support me on my journey. If you haven’t done so already, I encourage you to read their comments and explore their links on my “Feedback” page, there’s some pretty wonderful stuff!)
I give GREAT THANKS for all of these great souls, and for all of the moments that we shared together in the past 2 months or so:
– Rev. Marla Mason, for the great pleasure of serving her and her loving community at CSL Bellevue (and to Becca Palm and her husband Craig for my perfect accommodations!);
– Revs. Mary & Austin Hennessey, for the great pleasure of serving them and their loving community every month at Unity of Vancouver;
– Rev. Terry Shea, for the great pleasure of serving him and his loving community every month at CSL White Rock;
– My beloved Sheila, for saying YES to our RV trip to Europe, and for always being an inspiration to me;
– Andreas Schuld, Phil Robertson, Russell Marsland, Tom Arntzen, Dave Meszaros, Tom Hawkins, Rebekah Bak, Sarah Shields, and Ty Andrews, the team that helped me birth my new CD “YES” (available NOW , for being the BEST at what they do;
– The LOVE POSSE in San Diego:
Revs. Diana & Dick Swenson, Rev. Brian Graham, and their loving community at Crossroads Spiritual Center in Carlsbad;
Steve Ostrow, and all who attended my House Concert with my dear friend and colleague Harold Payne at Steve’s wonderful place in Solana Bay;
Annette Ridenour, Deva Vani, and ALL of the performers and volunteers that made the San Diego Conscious Music Festival such a great success;
Rev. Kevin Bucy and his loving community at Universal Spirit Center;
Jacqueline Silva, her husband Al, and all who attended my House Concert at their place in Poway;
Teri Wilder, Deva Vani and Kristen Maurice for sharing the natural beauty of the area, and themselves, with me;
– Sara Troy, for the great pleasure of being interviewed by her for her “Positive Living Vibrations” Radio show here in BC. (Our interview will be aired on Saturday, November 23, and Sunday, November 24th; the show times are listed below in the “Upcoming Performances” section.)
MUCH LOVE TO EACH OF YOU! XO[note note_color=”#A7BDCB”]
Here’s what my ENTIRE CALENDAR looks like in the next month or so. I’d be honoured to see you at any of these events. (AND please remember that I welcome any and all opportunities to serve you with my words and music; just e-mail me with your ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org)
– PLV (Positive Living Vibrations) Radio – Interview with host Sara Troy – November 23 and 24. Show times are 6:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 1:00 PM, 6:00 PM and 9:00 PM
– CSL White Rock – Church Service – November 24 (White Rock, BC)
– Unity of Vancouver – Church Service – December 1 and 22 (Vancouver, BC)
– St. Mark’s Anglican Church – “Illumination: The Music of Christmas & Solstice” – December 13 (Vancouver, BC)
– Amazing Grace Spiritual Center – Church Service – December 15 (Seattle, WA)
– Unity of Vancouver – Candlelighting Service – December 18 and 20 (Vancouver, BC)
– Oppenheimer Park Christmas Dinner – December 21 (Vancouver, BC)
– CSL White Rock – Christmas Service – December 21 (White Rock, BC)[/note]
Happy November, dear Soul. May you jump right in and enjoy getting your feet wet, and may you go with LOVE!
With love and gratitude,