Hi, dear Friend –
Warm greetings and blessings to you!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
How are you at asking for help?
In my Keynote Concert presentation, “Small Steps Big Life”, I talk about 4 Small Steps that help us to live a Big Life.
Asking For Help is the 2nd Small Step – and the one that I’ve found to be the most challenging.
Something that’s helping me to change that point of view is to notice how I feel when someone asks ME for help.
Has anyone ever asked YOU for help? Didn’t it feel good to be able to share your expertise with them?
Doesn’t it make sense, then, to think that others will feel good when they get to help you?
SO… with gratitude and curiosity… I say YES to ASKING FOR HELP.
AND, I say YES to GIVING more help too. (I want to explore BOTH sides of this Small Step!)
My dear friend Karen Drucker has a great song about getting more by giving more.
It’s called “More=Give”, and you can listen to it here. May it serve you well:
(You can find the words to “More=Give” here: http://karendrucker.com/lyricpdf/Drucker%20Lyric%20Books/Lyric%20Book-The%20Call.pdf)
How about YOU, dear Friend? What’s most resonating in YOU these days?
WHEREVER you are on your journey, I’d love to hear from you. Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org; we’re all in this together, and we have much to learn from each other.
(BIG THANKS to all of the kind souls who respond to my newsletters; reading your comments is always a highlight of my month.)
I give GREAT THANKS for:
– Lisa Bell, for hosting a magical House Concert in her home in Boulder CO that featured my partner Jana Stanfield and I (I also had the great pleasure of accompanying Lisa in an “opening” set);
– Andrea Menard and Robert Walsh, for the JOY of sharing the stage with them for the first “Music Messenger Experience” in Burnaby BC (“More than a Keynote. More than a Concert.” We’re onto something, dear ones!);
– Tom Arntzen and Shawn Soucy, my brothers, for the JOY of making music with them at Unity of Vancouver;
– Musical Director Becca Palm (my songwriting partner – wooHOO!), Rev. Marla Mason, and all of the loving souls at CSL Bellevue;
– Amir O’Loughlin, the music team, and all of the loving souls who sing and dance with us at Universal Kirtan (in Vancouver, BC);
– President Paul Sue and the members of the World Class Toastmasters Club in New Westminster, BC;
– Andy Bryce, EFT Master, for his wisdom, insight and playfulness (http://www.selfgrowth.com/experts/andy_bryce.html);
– Justin Faerman and Meghan McDonald, for the love that goes into every issue of their magazine “Conscious Lifestyle” (http://www.consciouslifestylemag.com).
MUCH LOVE TO EACH OF YOU! XO
WHAT’S COMING (fun Fun FUN!!!)
NOVEMBER IS POSI(TIVE) MUSIC MONTH. ENJOY A FREE DOWNLOAD EVERY DAY AT http://www.empowerma.com
(My chant “I Walk” will be available on Tuesday, Nov. 10th)
in Eugene, OR (HOUSE CONCERT on Friday, Nov. 6th: https://www.nathenaswell.com/event/eugene-house-concert/)
in Cameron Park, CA (Sunday service at Spiritual Center for Positive Living on Sunday, Nov. 8th: https://www.nathenaswell.com/event/spiritual-center-for-positive-living-church-service/)
in Cameron Park, CA (MEN’S WORKSHOP at Spiritual Center for Positive Living on Sunday, Nov. 8th: https://www.nathenaswell.com/event/scpl-mens-workshop/)
in Cameron Park, CA (HOUSE CONCERT on Sunday, Nov. 8th: https://www.nathenaswell.com/event/cameron-park-house-concert/)
in San Clemente, CA (Wednesday evening service [music and message: “Small Steps Big Life”] at CSL Capistrano Valley on Wednesday, Nov. 11th:
in San Diego, CA (SAN DIEGO CONSCIOUS MUSIC FESTIVAL at First Unitarian Universalist Church on Saturday, Nov. 14th: https://www.nathenaswell.com/event/san-diego-conscious-music-festival/)
in San Diego, CA (Sunday services at Universal Spirit Center on Sunday, Nov. 15th: https://www.nathenaswell.com/event/universal-spirit-center-church-services-2/)
in Vancouver, BC (Sunday service at Unity of Vancouver on Sunday, Nov. 22nd: https://www.nathenaswell.com/event/unity-of-vancouver-church-service-18/)
– “SMALL STEPS BIG LIFE” PODCAST ON BLAB
THE ADVENTURE HAS BEGUN! I’ve now done THREE shows,
and I’m having a LOT of fun interviewing GREAT souls that are living BIG lives and having them share the Small Steps that they’ve taken to get there.
(You can view them here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoUkG1mTtiXTGe0Ccbv6054CkLJ09hvGY)
I have TWO MORE SHOWS SCHEDULED for the coming week:
Performing Songwriter PEGGY LEBO on Wednesday Nov. 11th at 11 AM Pacific
Performing Songwriter / Sound Healer TERI WILDER on Thursday Nov. 12th at 4 PM Pacific
Please visit my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/SmallStepsBigLifeWithNathenAswell/timeline) for links to the Podcasts
(I post them 24-48 hours before a show) and join us in the adventure!
– TRIP TO BALI
IT’S ALMOST HERE!
Are you ready to take a Small Step that will change your life?
My partner JANA STANFIELD AND I will be CO-LEADING A TRIP TO BALI NOV. 29TH TO DEC. 10TH, and WE STILL HAVE SPACE FOR YOU. Come join us! For more info, please visit http://www.janastanfield.com/2015/09/together-we-can-change-the-world-bali-volun-tour-2015/
Much love to you, dear Friend. May you ALLOW yourself to ASK FOR HELP, and to get more by GIVING more… and may you go with LOVE.