Warm greetings and blessings to you, dear Friend!
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe and protected from all inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy.
THIS MONTH’S TOPIC
As I write these words, my trek of the Camino de Santiago begins in just a few days – !!! (Forgive me for not connecting with you in August; I manifested a LOT of music making and film work to allow me to both enjoy my trip and cover my living expenses while I’m away from Sept. 7th to Oct. 17th.)
I thought that it would be helpful to share with you how walking the Camino went from being an item on my “bucket list” to an imminent reality – so here are the 3 steps that were involved (as well as an easy acronym to remember all 3):
1) CHOOSE: Think of your life as a buffet. Every day, there is PLENTY to savour and explore – AND, as is the case with a buffet of delicious food, you CAN’T savour and explore it all in one day, can you? You must make a choice about how your day will unfold, as mindfully as you can. As the well quoted phrase by William Hutchison Murray says in part, “… the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too.” (Once I chose, 4 months ago, to walk the Camino in September and October, everything began to fall into place – and that process is still unfolding!)
Concerned about what to choose? Listen to the wisdom of your body – it will tell you if you’re going the right way. (Many times, as I watched youtube videos about the Camino, I’d cry – for no particular reason. I interpreted my tears as an affirmation: my response to “the call of the Camino”.)
2) APPRECIATE: I’m sure that you’re aware of the power of gratitude, AND I recently came across a quote by Abraham Hicks that for me “upped the ante”, comparing gratitude to appreciation: “When you feel gratitude, often you are looking at a difficulty that you have overcome, but there is still some of that “struggle” vibration present. The state of appreciation is seeing whatever you are looking at through the eyes of Source… You could walk down a crowded street with all kinds of things that a lot of other people would find reason to criticize or worry about, and you would not have access to them because your vibration is picking out for you things of a different vibrational nature.” (In my daily journaling and tapping [EFT] with affirmations, I began to say or write “I appreciate” rather than “I’m grateful for…”, and I immediately noticed a difference in the power of the statements.)
3) PERSIST: We’re all familiar with this quote from the King James version of the book of Matthew: “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye. shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you”… AND, the New Living Translation of the Bible, translated from the original Hebrew and Greek texts into English, offers this version of the same quote: “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.”
In this day and age, we expect results to any challenge almost immediately, and can feel frustrated and disappointed when they don’t quickly materialize. AND, as I’ve often said (and have proven to myself, yet again, in the last 4 months), CONTINUING to Choose (“what small step can I take TODAY to make my Camino trip a reality?”) and to Appreciate (“I appreciate ALL that I need to enjoy a rich and rewarding experience of the Camino coming to me now with Ease and Grace”) are indeed allowing me to receive everything I need to make my journey a success.
So there you have it: Choose – Appreciate – Persist.
And the easy acronym to remember all 3 is pictured above: CAP.
The good news is, this is all review!
You’ve already used this formula MANY times in your life – including with your health, with your career, and with your relationships.
Feeling some fear about this?
If so, remember that fear and excitement are two sides of the same coin! 🙂
So I have an invitation for you:
What are you going to take off of YOUR “bucket list” and manifest in your life by CAPing (Choosing, Appreciating and Persisting) NOW?
Please e-mail me and let me know.
I truly want to support you in YOUR next adventure! 🙂
In honour of CHOOSING, APPRECIATING, AND PERSISTING, I offer you some of my music; may it serve you well.
Choose Love (a song of mine, from my CD “Little By Little”, about the only REAL choice – !)
More Than Enough (a song of mine, from my CD “Little By Little”, about the power of appreciation)
Little By Little (a song of mine, from my CD “Little By Little”, about the power of that which gives us the “juice” to persist)
(You can listen to my songs and chants here.)
(You can find the words to my songs and chants here.)
(You can buy my CDs here.)
1) Tapping / using EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) as I
2) Reclaim the power of I AM by affirming “I AM one with Source. I AM trusting, I AM grateful, and I AM excited! Right here and right now, I AM free to be ALL of me – physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Thank you. I love you. And so it IS!”
How about YOU, *|FNAME|*? What’s most resonating in YOU this month? WHEREVER you are on your journey, I’d love to hear from you. Please e-mail me; we’re all in this together, and we have much to learn from each other. (BIG THANKS to all of the kind souls who respond to my newsletters; reading your comments is always a highlight of my month.)
***Have you always wanted to walk the Camino? If so, I’d love to have you be a part of my experience of it, in whatever way most resonates with you: https://www.gofundme.com/be-a-part-of-nathen039s-journey-on-the-camino
I also intend to post messages on Facebook as I walk the Camino, and I welcome you to join the conversation. BIG thanks!***
Every week on my Facebook business page, I post messages of gratitude.
Please have a look, join the conversation, and SHARE the posts with your friends.
UPCOMING AND ONGOING EVENTS
(For the most up-to-date information, please click on any date in my online calendar)
May I be of service to you and your organization or community with my words and music? My KEYNOTE CONCERT presentation can be seen here, and my PERFORMANCE VIDEOS, including my LATEST ONE (“Learn, Share, Grow and Belong”) can be seen here.
My very dear friend and song co-writer Becca Palm has created “Community Songs”, a songbook/CD package of 23 songs which includes 4 chants that she and I co-wrote (“Ho-oponopono”, “Listen”, “Small Steps” and “Turning Within”). To get your copy, please click here. (You can also listen to and/or download the songs here.)
As a very dear and wise friend in Montreal once said to me, “All I can offer you is my experience”.
My sincere desire, in every one of my newsletters, is to encourage us all to live our Big Lives one Small Step at a time.
Much love to you, dear Friend. May you say YES to CAPing – Choosing, Appreciating, and Persisting – and may you go with LOVE.